Coconut Ginger Tofu with mixed Vegetables
Super simple and delicious way to get dinner on the table without too much complication. This is a good recipe, which I just kind of made on the spot because it’s what I had at hand. Sometimes those things just turn out the best! Fully vegan, packed with protein (Tofu and broccoli) and enough for 3.
What you’ll need:
- 1 large frying or stir-fry pan
- 1 block firm or extra firm tofu
- 1 small package coconut milk. (I used 300grams & the same container worth of water => 600 grams)
- 1 small bag frozen mixed veggies (I used broccoli, cauliflower & carrot)
- 1 handful fresh or frozen spinach
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger powder
- Olive oil
What to do:
- Pour a small amount of olive oil into the pan and heat on mid-high
- Drain and cube tofu, put in the pot
- Add in veggies and spinach. Stir to fry
- Once it begins to fry, add in the coconut milk and the milk container of water also.
- Stir frequently
- When it begins to simmer, add in the ginger and stir well.
- Total cooking time runs 15-20 mins, depending on heat. Once its bubbling, stir often for another few minutes only. And then it is ready
- Spoon out and serve
I chose to enjoy this meal as-is, without any brown rice in addition as it is quite filling. If you are looking to create a more substantial meal, then by all means, cook up a batch of brown rice and serve!
Eat and Enjoy!
Thanks for reading!