Winter slim-down week 9

Nope, mr. scale…I won’t fear you anymore! To date, in the past 8 weeks, I have lost a total of 3,8 kg or 8.3 lbs! Since 9 kgs (20 lbs) was my weight loss goal, I am more than 30% of the way there…WOOOHHHOOOOOO!!!

To those of you who read my last week update, thank you for all your support and comments! My teeth are A-OK and I’m back in the game and raring to go!

During the holiday season, I’ve decided to just enjoy myself and try to make up for my utter lack of self control with exercise. The amount, duration and type of exercise change or increase bi-weekly. I’m assuming that my appetite decreased when I was having dental issues, and just hasn’t yet fully returned. Nothing drafting, just in the manner that I can go fine-dining and not come home hungry enough to eat the couch. This combined with an increasing level of excercise seems to be doing the trick!

What I’ve been doing:

• Vegetarian diet
  • 1 coffee daily limit
  • I STOP eating when my body tells me its full! Sometimes the plate doesn’t need to be licked clean.
  • I keep eating if I’m still hungry after 20 minutes.
  • 100 daily intermittent squats
  • Rotating hand weights, kettle bells with a day break in between
  • Using my own body as resistance with stretches
  • Walking. The weather has been really nice and getting some fresh air, enjoying the outdoors – never hurt anybody
  • Real life exercise of running up and down the stairs 30 times daily 😉

I’m also super excited because we’ve managed to adopt 2 older huskies, which will be here soon! YYYYEEEEEEEEAAAA! I can’t wait…I’m soooo excited 😀 This will require several long walks or jogs daily so a win-win situation 🙂

Enjoy your holiday season!

Thanks for reading

-mliae

1. OneDizzyBee says:

Those last few pounds are always so difficult to lose! Congratulations on your persistence and many well wishes on your continued success. I’m about to embark on a similar journey and aspire to be as successful 🙂

Thanks! They are stubborn…or maybe it’s just me 😉 Hopefully, hopefully I can get them off and keep em off for good! Good luck to you as well, I’ll be following your progress 🙂

2. I must thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this
    blog. I really hope to view the same high-grade blog posts
    from you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has
    motivated me to get my own, personal website now 😉

Thats super! I look forward to reading said blog 🙂 Thanks so much for the compliment!

3. Celina says:

Greetings I am so thrilled I found your weblog, I really found you by mistake, while I was searching on Digg for something else,
    Anyways I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a
    marvelous post and a all round exciting blog (I also
    love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the moment
    but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I
    will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up
    the superb job.

Wow Celina! Thank you so very much for the kind words and the bookmarking 😀 😀 It’s great to hear from you and I’m very glad you find my humble blog by accident 😉

4. Max says:

I do trust all of the concepts you have presented for your post.
    They are really convincing and can certainly work.
    Still, the posts are very short for beginners. Could you please
    extend them a bit from subsequent time? Thanks for the
    post.

Hello Max, and thank you so much for your feedback! Of course I can write longer posts from time to time 🙂 My pleasure!

5. Trista says:

We are a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community.
    Your site provided us with valuable information to work on. You’ve done an impressive job
    and our whole community will be thankful to you.

6. Thanks very interesting blog!

7. Hello my family member! I want to say that this post is amazing,
    great written and come with almost all important
    infos. I would like to peer more posts like this .

Thank you so much for the encouragement 🙂