Winter slim-down week 9
Nope, mr. scale…I won’t fear you anymore! To date, in the past 8 weeks, I have lost a total of 3,8 kg or 8.3 lbs! Since 9 kgs (20 lbs) was my weight loss goal, I am more than 30% of the way there…WOOOHHHOOOOOO!!!
To those of you who read my last week update, thank you for all your support and comments! My teeth are A-OK and I’m back in the game and raring to go!
During the holiday season, I’ve decided to just enjoy myself and try to make up for my utter lack of self control with exercise. The amount, duration and type of exercise change or increase bi-weekly. I’m assuming that my appetite decreased when I was having dental issues, and just hasn’t yet fully returned. Nothing drafting, just in the manner that I can go fine-dining and not come home hungry enough to eat the couch. This combined with an increasing level of excercise seems to be doing the trick!
What I’ve been doing:
- Vegetarian diet
- 1 coffee daily limit
- I STOP eating when my body tells me its full! Sometimes the plate doesn’t need to be licked clean.
- I keep eating if I’m still hungry after 20 minutes.
- 100 daily intermittent squats
- Rotating hand weights, kettle bells with a day break in between
- Using my own body as resistance with stretches
- Walking. The weather has been really nice and getting some fresh air, enjoying the outdoors – never hurt anybody
- Real life exercise of running up and down the stairs 30 times daily 😉
I’m also super excited because we’ve managed to adopt 2 older huskies, which will be here soon! YYYYEEEEEEEEAAAA! I can’t wait…I’m soooo excited 😀 This will require several long walks or jogs daily so a win-win situation 🙂
Enjoy your holiday season!
Thanks for reading