Happy Holidays everyone!
Since holidays do have a tendency to be a bums rush for cooking, and if you’re anything like me, you usually forget at least one important ingredient; I thought I would share this recipe as a ‘just in case’.
What you need:
- Soy pieces (I prefer the small ones that look similar to meat and just need to be soaked in hot water)
- 2 veggie stock cubes
- ½ green cabbage
What you do:
- Chop the half cabbage into bite-size pieces
- Boil for 30 minutes in a medium pot full of water with the 2 veggie cubes
- Preheat the oven to 200C or 400 F
- Take a separate large baking pan (Pyrex rocks!)
- Fill bottom of baking pan with the uncooked rice (only enough to cover the bottom of the baking pan)
- Sprinkle soy pieces on top of the uncooked rice
- Once the cabbage has boiled for 30 minutes, pour everything (cabbage AND the water it cooked in) into the baking pan. It looks really soup-y but the uncooked rice and soy will soak up the water and cook in it when it’s in the oven.
- Mix it together, but make sure the rice and soy are packed down under the liquid
- Bake in the oven for 2 hours or until the top has begun browning.
Serve, and enjoy!
Merry Christmas and thanks for reading!