…or then again, maybe you don’t! If I had a superpower where I could appear and disappear at will, when and where would I use this superpower? Oh boy! Thank you, daily post for such a fun prompt! I just HAD to join in this one!
I’m assuming this is in modern day and that if I tried to extend it to time travel, my cellular structure would get all screwy and I’d wind up looking like a defunct Mrs. Potato Head in the 18th century. So, we’ll scrap that.
- Yes. Absolutely. I’d wander around neighborhoods invisible, and then magically reappear right as a large group of trick or treaters were walking up to a door. Muahahaha…talk about screams!
- Free Travel
- OK, this is 200% in violation of the superhero code of ethics…and mine as well. Buuuutttt….if we’re talking about fantasy, let’s go there! I would totally be tempted to board an international airline with the first class passengers while invisible (Yes, the handbag might be a bit of a problem but we can deal with that later), find an empty first class seat, plop myself down and chill until we arrive at whatever destination we seem to be going!
- Parks and Gardens after dark
- Due to safety concerns and vandalism, many of the most beautiful parks and gardens around the globe now lock down at a certain time and that’s it. I would be invisible until everyone was gone, and then I would just sit and enjoy the peaceful beauty and fragrant flora.
- Neurotic germaphobe investigates
- I would go into hotels and restaurants while invisible before/during/after hours to check out the public hygiene practices of the place and then report back here!
- Important meetings
- ECB, Federal reserve, Parliamentary meetings…you got it and you can BET I’ll be there! If interest rates rise, I’ll let you know (and start paying down my loans a WHOLE LOT FASTER). Raising taxes? No problemo…I’ll be there! Decisions to alter anyone’s constitution? You’ll hear me whining loudly! It’s such a nerdy thing to admit, but I feel like being able to take back a little of the freedoms and availability of information that the world has recently sacrificed both knowingly and unknowingly would be of great assistance. Not exactly sure I’m the ‘man’ for the job…but it would be great to be the metaphorical ‘fly on the wall’.
- Least of all, would I be an actual super hero
- I’m a chicken. Being invisible and then being so scared I didn’t realize I left my sunglasses sitting on my head, just to be busted (and beaten) by a villainous super – not super hero is exactly my M.O. and I’d be glad to avoid it.
More than perfect photo borrowed from Schizoidlawi …Thank you 🙂
What would you do with your power of at-will invisibility?
Some of my fellow super-hero’s:
- Pulling a rabbit out of the hat at Jitterygt
- anglo-swiss chronicles
- Ruthless games
- Radioactive Bubblegum
- The Story of a guy
- Theresa Barker
- Finding life
- Time Passages
- Love and Death and Everything in Between
Thanks for reading!