Daily post: Now you see me…

…or then again, maybe you don’t! If I had a superpower where I could appear and disappear at will, when and where would I use this superpower? Oh boy! Thank you, daily post for such a fun prompt! I just HAD to join in this one!

I’m assuming this is in modern day and that if I tried to extend it to time travel, my cellular structure would get all screwy and I’d wind up looking like a defunct Mrs. Potato Head in the 18th century. So, we’ll scrap that.

• Halloween
    • Yes. Absolutely. I’d wander around neighborhoods invisible, and then magically reappear right as a large group of trick or treaters were walking up to a door. Muahahaha…talk about screams!
  • Free Travel
    • OK, this is 200% in violation of the superhero code of ethics…and mine as well. Buuuutttt….if we’re talking about fantasy, let’s go there! I would totally be tempted to board an international airline with the first class passengers while invisible (Yes, the handbag might be a bit of a problem but we can deal with that later), find an empty first class seat, plop myself down and chill until we arrive at whatever destination we seem to be going!
  • Parks and Gardens after dark
    • Due to safety concerns and vandalism, many of the most beautiful parks and gardens around the globe now lock down at a certain time and that’s it. I would be invisible until everyone was gone, and then I would just sit and enjoy the peaceful beauty and fragrant flora.
  • Neurotic germaphobe investigates
    • I would go into hotels and restaurants while invisible before/during/after hours to check out the public hygiene practices of the place and then report back here!
  • Important meetings
    • ECB, Federal reserve, Parliamentary meetings…you got it and you can BET I’ll be there! If interest rates rise, I’ll let you know (and start paying down my loans a WHOLE LOT FASTER). Raising taxes? No problemo…I’ll be there! Decisions to alter anyone’s constitution? You’ll hear me whining loudly! It’s such a nerdy thing to admit, but I feel like being able to take back a little of the freedoms and availability of information that the world has recently sacrificed both knowingly and unknowingly would be of great assistance. Not exactly sure I’m the ‘man’ for the job…but it would be great to be the metaphorical ‘fly on the wall’.
  • Least of all, would I be an actual super hero
    • I’m a chicken. Being invisible and then being so scared I didn’t realize I left my sunglasses sitting on my head, just to be busted (and beaten) by a villainous super – not super hero is exactly my M.O. and I’d be glad to avoid it.

More than perfect photo borrowed from Schizoidlawi …Thank you 🙂

What would you do with your power of at-will invisibility?

Some of my fellow super-hero’s:

1. Pulling a rabbit out of the hat at Jitterygt
  2. anglo-swiss chronicles
  3. Ruthless games
  4. Radioactive Bubblegum
  5. The Story of a guy
  6. Theresa Barker
  7. PGHlesbian
  8. Finding life
  9. Time Passages
  10. Love and Death and Everything in Between

Thanks for reading!

-mliae

1. Fun post! Oooh, let’s see… I really like your getting onto a first class seat and taking a trip, but only a short flight, otherwise my growling stomach begging for an in-flight meal is sure to give me away.
    I think sitting out in a wildlife park and just watching the animals up close would be great. I’d miss my camera though:) Or maybe I’ll sneak onto a reality TV shoot and make things stay real! 🙂

!! OMG, the reality TV shoot is a great idea! That would be the funniest thing EVER!

1. 😀 Perhaps combining it with the invisible investigator/reporter would make for a whole new genre too!

You should totally approach a network about this…NEW MOVIE! 😀

3. Even better, I’ll try writing a story about it! Want to collaborate?

Ummm, lemme think….YES! Of course, YES!!! This’ll be so much fun! 😀 Thanks, lady!

5. Cool! I haven’t collaborated on story in a long time. Shall I email so we can figure out how to do this?

Sure! My blog contact is: mliaeblog@hotmail.com

7. Great, I’ll email 🙂

2. Fun! I have to say I already do the park and garden thing without the super powers. I have been kicked out of several city, state and national parks after hours. Not sure if I should be proud of that accomplishment or not. :0

More power to you, girl! 😉

3. r_prab says:

“If interest rate rise,I ll let you know!…Raising taxes? No problemo…I’ll be there!” Wonderful! 🙂

Thank you! I thought that would be fun…and beneficial 🙂

4. theonlysup says:

The best I read…

Thank you! I had so much fun writing this 🙂

1. theonlysup says:

M loving ur posts.keep writing

I will, thank you! 🙂

5. Lawi Odera says:

Reblogged this on Teargas Lawi and commented:
    Free Travel

I totally agree, that’s one of the best perks..till they end up sitting on you 🙂

Ha! Exactly 😀 Thanks for the reblog 🙂 🙂