The new additions to my winter capsule wardrobe

These leather lined burgundy wedge ankle boots made by  Clark’s shoes   are awesome! I purchased them from Halonen recently and I absolutely adore them. This is the first feature of my new weekly finds blogging event feature in conjunction with adarkworldinside.

Fashionable shoes are always a bonus to any wardrobe, even though sometimes it can be a bit difficult to navigate because everyone seems to have an opinion on the type of heel. In or out? Some designers will say that any shoes with platforms are unfashionable now because women should be walking like ballerinas in skyscraper stilettos (Yes, I agree) and not pounding down flat footed in chunky heels. I can see the point easily, as in Northern Europe, the whole 70’s platform is coming back and some women walk like truck drivers in those things. Ironically, chunky heels seem to be making a design comeback as well. However, wedges are a different thing entirely, if you ask me.

Take these ankle boots. If you look at the photo, you can see that the wedge is streamlined…thin at the heel and follows the line of the shoe daintily. Also, there’s a comfort factor where the wearer does not have to feel every little bump in the road and teeter over it accordingly. These shoes are sturdier than that. Which for me, makes them perfect. Because I can use these on the ice, and while prancing along cobblestone streets without the impending fear of hitting a cobblestone the wrong way and breaking my ankle on the way down. Sold!

This particular pair is perfect for my winter capsule wardrobe (which is basically my autumn capsule wardrobe only including my Tory Burch sweater and Burberry cashmere slacks in neutral beige). Since these are a deep burgundy wine colour, they really go with everything in my wardrobe. For those of you who have not read my capsule wardrobe posts which you can find here, this season’s capsule wardrobe colours are mainly neutral beige’s and golds, dark blue’s, skinny jeans, eggshell and burgundy. For autumn, I used a knee high light beige suede knee boot with a thicker 5 inch heel. Sadly, those are unsuitable for icy weather. So these new boots are my fashion go-to and I’m so happy I bought them!

What are your favorite winter fashion shoes?

Thanks for reading!

-mliae

1. chape says:

I hope you like awards because I´ve nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. You can check the rules in my post 🙂 https://chapeblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/19/versatile-blogger-award-3/

I LOVE Awards! Thanks Chape, dear…you’re just awesome 🙂

1. chape says:

You are AMAZING!

😀 😀 😀

2. amaya911 says:

I like boots for winter too. I don’t mind flats either. Lately, I haven’t been in the mood to wear heels.

Understandable, not wearing stilettos in the winter months. Although I must admit a fixation with over the knee boots this year.

1. amaya911 says:

Oh yea those are hot this year! I have some with a heel. I wanted some flat riding ones. Then I have some flat ankle boots and they’re really comfortable! I love shoes! 🙂

Me too! I bet those riding boots are fab 🙂

3. amaya911 says:

Yes! Warm and comfy! 🙂

3. I. Love. Those. Shoes!! Oh my gracious, these booties are gorgeous!! I love booties personally, particularly those with wedge heels. I wish I had the grace to prance around in stiletto heels without fear of breaking my neck, but I live in a city where I walk literally everywhere, and some of the streets are cobbled, so I just don’t want to risk it. I definitely agree with you that the streamlined heel makes them more feminine.

Oh, I am so happy to have found your blog! You apparently love Tory Burch as well — a woman after my own heart!

Charlotte x

Welcome, Charlotte! And thank you so much for your kind words! Glad to have you here 😀

4. I am a big Clarks fan but unfortunately have not seen these in Ireland or on QVCUK where I buy a lot of my clothes. Will look out for them.

Please do! I love them…walking on heels without walking on heels 😉

5. meeperloves says:

Nice selection! I added leather booties and a long sleeve white lace/thermal blouse (totally realized that I don’t have a long sleeve white blouse!)

Thanks! Sounds like you’ve got some nice items yourself :=)