Winter slim-down week 19

Here we are again, my weekly diet and exercise update. I must admit that when I find myself typing ‘week 19’ into the header, my confidence sinks a bit. With 10 kgs to lose from the start, I was certain that by week 19, I would uploading photos of my newly discovered abs and much diminished hips.  It is discouraging that this is not the case this week.

I have been doing well though. 🙂 I’ve been moving…a lot. (As you can see by my exercise step count) This dramatic increase in steps is due to the exuberant additions from last week. These two have been keeping me running, jogging, dragging, or at least at a fast crawl in the mornings.

This combined with my existing regime, did show some great initial results. But then…after a few days of weight loss, I again gained back another 2 kg. How is this possible? My dear friend at Chape recommended that I take my measurements. (Which I have done and will again in about 4 days) Because apparently the measurements can go down but not the weight. So I’m really hoping that this is the case. By the way, Chape now has their own youtube channel and I’ll be following it. You should give it a look too!

This upcoming week, I will continue doing more of the same. More fresh fruit and veg, less sauce and mints, same exercises and I am (although slightly) increasing the length speed of my walks with my buddies as well as increasing reps on the daily exercises.

Fingers crossed that next week I have centimeters less on the waistline to report!

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks for reading!

1. dori says:

Don’t let it get you down. Fluctuations in weight are perfectly natural, and of course you know from your own habits these are not fluctuations in fat.

A few things can account for it. Could be you had a little more salt, or a little less water. Could just be a “female” thing. Or it could be actually due to glycogen.

In any event, there’s no fix because there’s nothing wrong. More fresh fruits and veg will always lead to good results 🙂

I really needed to hear that. Thank you!

2. Ruzele says:

Good Job! I really need to up my movement and exercise! Keep it going, your doing awesome! 🙂

3. You have the motivation…keep it going!

Thank you so much! That’s the plan 😀

4. GeorgieMoon says:

You are doing really well! Keep up the good work

Thanks Georgie! It feels so good to have a pat on the back 🙂

5. chape says:

Hello, dear 🙂
    I agree with Dori, weight fluctuations are natural. That´s why we take measurements 😉
    You are doing great, don´t freak out!
    Big hug, David

Thanks David! This is me…trying not to freak out 😉 Hugs back!

1. chape says:

I see 😀
        Hugs received!

6. I’ve been on my diet/exercise routine for nearly 3 and half years and it will yo-yo. Don’t let the weight scale get to you. Some days you will win, and others you will lose. Don’t let your obsession with it force you to lose sight of the fact that, at some point, you just have to relax and enjoy your life.

That is why I eat a Reese’s every now and then. As much as I love being lean… I don’t want to go the rest of my life denying myself things I love to be so 😉

You’ve done me a solid, Jonathan…thanks! It is so easy to obsess over it. Now…where are those lollipops 😀

7. lifehelps says:

Hey, Girl, hang in there!
    It is true that measurements count more than weight: Muscle weighs more than fat. It also burns more calories.
    One little thing to try: Be sure you are taking one day per week off from exercise; then, do some burst training one day.
    Most of all, have fun with your fitness plan and go for a slow reduction: It stays off longer and is healthier in the long run.

8. Tessa says:

Good job. I am just starting my new healthy eating style and I have to research sitting down exercises as I am disabled and barely able to walk a feet at this time. New year, new style, and 3 doctors yelling at me that I am killing myself with all the sugar and wheat.

Thank you so much for the words of confidence 🙂 It sounds like you have a challenge ahead of you! Please let us know if you are able to find the sitting exercises and I’ll let you know if I come across any as well. Sugar is a killer. I know I was amazed to find out how many evil calories were hidden in my faves, not to mention all the craziness it apparently throws our bodies into :/ Strength to you!

1. Tessa says: