Winter Slim Down Week 20

This week. Holding at 65 kgs and sadly, nothing new to report. Same frustration. I have been making my friends nuts asking questions and demanding answers. So far the options range from ‘there’s 1000 times the sugar you expect in that one-time splurge’ to muscle weighs more than fat and that I’m not drinking enough water. So, I’m going to do a little experiment and see if its one or more of these.

I can tell you that I am now walking at a fast pace with both dogs at the same time now, attached to a running belt. (For those with dogs: the running belt helps, but it does nothing to stop the freight train of tangled leashes which always results in the 3 of us miraculously tied in knots together. However, I swear by this thing because between it and new harnesses, I can manage the constant pulling which had me on my hands in knees in less than a minute, several weeks ago.) With 3x daily walks of 30+ minutes, I’m averaging 10,5 hours of cardio a week by dog walking alone. Not too shabby! Theoretically, this should result in a good weight loss. Not yet though.

Every morning, I have 1 cup of coffee with stevia and soy milk, a half serving of protein shake and some roasted flax with dried blueberries. This keeps me going until at least early afternoon.

Lunches vary, but I can tell you that in many cases, lunch is my biggest meal of the day. Although, some days I do skip lunch entirely and then have an early dinner. I do get busy, but thats not why I skip lunch somedays. I try to only eat when I’m hungry. So if hunger doesn’t strike until early evening, then I just heat some veg and call it a day.

Dinner around here is usually something light like soup or a sandwich. When I was doing intermittent fasting, I learned that to eat after 6 in the evening your body does not have the time to reset itself. (So to speak. I’m sure I’ve said this incorrectly).

This week, I will try to drink more water and eat smaller, more regular meals. I will also try, try, try to reduce my mint intake and *shiver – my rare indulgences :/

What are your experiences?

Thanks for reading!

1. lovehappily says:

Useful tips for weight loss. Thanks for sharing, Mliae. I have been able to lose weight by doing a daily exercise of just raising my legs up.

Thanks! I want to try your exercise 🙂

1. lovehappily says:

Wow, that will be nice. It’s an effective way of weight reduction but most people don’t know about it. I am a living witness. All you need to do: Stand and then raise your legs sideways as much as you can as if you are dancing the song Gangnam Style. Then raise it backwards and forward too. You can also kick upwards if you want. You will feel the effect in a matter of days. Feel free to keep me posted on your progress.

2. How many calories are you averaging a day?!? I know it’s hard to wrap your mind around this, but you may not be eating enough!! I know, I know how scary that sounds to someone who is trying to lose weight…I’m in my own weight loss journey as well and have learned that by skipping meals and not eating at least 1200 calories a day, my metabolism slows way down and the weight doesn’t come off…..and drinking Lots of water is a must!!! Good luck as you continue on your journey!!!!

I really have no idea how many calories I’m ingesting. I thought earlier that it was very few. But then I realized that the most calories were in the most unsuspecting places! So now I’m just…eating. 😉 Believe it or not, making myself drink more water is actually a huge challenge at the moment. Is it weird?

1. I’m using the app Loseit to help me monitor my calories..you can even scan barcodes!! As for drinking more water..it’s not weird .. I know so many people who have a hard time with it! I bought an infuser water bottle so I can add fruits to mine…and I keep it with me all the time!! Needless to say..I have to scout out the ladies rooms wherever I go!!! lol

LOL…exactly! I think that’s why I drastically decreased my liquid intake in the first place. Sometimes, I travel by car for like a month. That much driving makes it impossible to stop every hour in search of facilities. The infuser sounds like a great idea though!

3. Hi, I am no expert on weight loss, but I think missing your lunch on ocassions may be the problem, they say you actually have to eat a certain amount to lose weight, I am also told that 5 smaller meals a day are very effective, good luck (The dog walks sound great)

Thanks!I easily believe that it could be part of the problem. Sometimes its just so difficult to get my facts straight because there are so many conflicting ideas out there! I am very close to calling in the professionals…