Product Review: The Body Shop honey lip balm
I wanted to review this product in my quest to find the perfect products to create the perfect pout. I really love products from The Body Shop. They carry Lip balm, lip butter, lip gloss, lip care, lip stick, etc. Just for the lips. This is their 10 ml Honey mania lip balm.
What I love about this product:
- Use of Community trade honey harvested by the Beza Mar Beekeepers
- Price is reasonable at 8.50€, 4£ or USD$ varies by store.
- Softens lips
- Smells like honey! Yummmm!
What I don’t like about this product:
- The more you use, the more you need. Lips dry a bit when product dries.
- Im constantly rubbing my lips together to smooth it over, so my lipstick wears off much faster. Very wax-y
- Have to use your fingers to apply it if you are out and about without a lipstick brush
Overall decision: Although nice, I would forego this product if you use lip balm more than 5 times daily or if you plan to use a lip colour on top which lasts long. Constant use will slightly dry out your lips.
Keep it in your bag if you’ve got it on hand for occasional use, or are going for a beachy lip look.
Thanks for reading!