Winter slim down diet week 32

More good news this week! I’m back down to the 61’s! After my nacho incident(s) last week, I thought it would be a major setback. But…nope! This week I managed to get down to 61,2 kgs (134 lbs).

I’m so close…SSOOOOOO CLOSE to reaching my goal of under 60 kgs. 1,3 kg away. The day I reach 59,9 you can look forward to a huge WOOOOHOOOO post!

Thanks to the new exercises David Β from Chape personal trainer has given me, like this bicep curl, my arms are starting to really look like – oh yea πŸ˜‰

I’ve been doing A LOT of toning exercises this week. My shoulders, middle back and backside are killing me! But *Ow in a good way πŸ˜‰ Β I’m really loving the outcome so far of all the work David has put into helping me shed the weight and I CAN’T WAIT until I hit that 59,9 kg level!!

I did really well on the eating front this week. Only one tiny little thing. We have fresh rhubarb! And we make rhubarb juice! Aaaaannnddd it has a TON of sugar in it. We found a way to reduce the amount of white sugar needed by substituting a tad of vanilla sugar instead of a couple scoops of white sugar. We even further reduced the amount by adding half water because it tastes concentrated when it is fully cooked. Β But alas, still there is quite a bit more sugar involved than I am comfortable with. Anybody have some suggestions on this?

Otherwise, business as usual. Trying to at least be cognizant of my calorie intake, exercising like a mad fiend and hoping – hoooopppiiinnnnnng that I’ll be looking ah-mazing in my suit this summer!

Thanks for reading πŸ™‚

1. chape says:

Great week again, dear πŸ™‚
    IΒ΄ve never drunk that juice, so I donΒ΄t know if this is a good idea: honey?
    It has sugars, but also potassium. Just a thought, I have no idea how the mix would taste.
    P.S. Sorry for the *Ows! πŸ˜€

2. r_prab says:

Looking forward to your WOOOHOOO post! πŸ™‚

3. Marta Frant says:

My grandma planted rhubarb this year too! It’s called “reven'” here in Russia. It’s really great for health. Just look at my grandma! She is 76 and she plants and harvests her garden on her own πŸ™‚

4. Sparkyjen says:

I see rhubarb in the veggie section all the time. The other day I gave it an extra long stare, but still didn’t buy it. I wondered what it might taste like, but decided to use my imagination instead. Now, I’m happy I did. Since I became a vegetarian, and someone who also watches her weight (at 60+ you must), I don’t do a lot of sugar. I love sweets, and now carefully decide which ones I want, instead of eating a dessert with every meal. You come to realize that most food/vegetables have some sugar, and even some salt in them. Prudence is my watchword!

I must tell you, it tastes like celery mixed with sour gummy worms. Odd but wonderful πŸ™‚
      I agree with you, you are correct…I’ve realized also that there are many natural sugars contained in fruits and veggies. But honestly, thinking about it – I have never met anyone fat from eating oranges. I figure that perhaps the absorption rate is slower, thus resulting in less insulin > fat? Just a theory. I’ve also gone veggie. So I allow myself unlimited quantities of fresh fruit and veg because it fills me up so quickly, I know I won’t over indulge. Hows it going for you?

1. Sparkyjen says:

It’s going just fine and dandy for me. I’ve always threatened to go fruit and veggies. I was raised on every variety imaginable. I love to go in the refrigerator and find some delicious crunchy or juicy thing. I wish I had a better time keeping all my yummies from going bad to soon. I like variety so I buy lots of it. Now, I’m teaching myself to be more observant. Which lasts longer, and how much do I love ’em. Greens are the best, but the first to go down hill fast. Suggestions?

5. Nice work, have you ever tried sweeteners like stevia? Might be interesting to you πŸ™‚ All the best

Hi there πŸ™‚ and thank you! I have actually tried natural sweeteners for items such as coffee (if it’s just too bitter…) and tea, but when I suggested the same for the rhubarb juice, I was told that it had to be regular sugar – that there was some sort of chemical or thickening thing that happens? Is it true?

1. Hm, interesting. I can’t see why it would do that, but have never tried it. I would generally avoid the alcohol based sweeteners like xylitol (they all end with -ol) because they are metabolised into toxins by the gut bacteria. Stevia I thought was fine but I might be wrong… ☺ apple rhubarb juice is better anyway πŸ˜‚