We have to talk about a new trend in menswear that’s actually pretty cool! In a world where menswear shops are full of the mild and conventional muted and neutral colors – with the same basic cuts (you know what I’m talking about) it is a breath of fresh air to see some variety for mens clothing with color on it! These are a conversation starter, for certain. I can say for certain that the people will be coming up to you asking about your meggings!
Now, apparently the appearance of the bright and colorful made for men, meggings, has made quite the stir on social media. These seem to be a love it or hate it type of situation. Personally, I think these are REALLY COOL! Albeit, I can fully understand why this apparel seems to be quite controversial. At first consideration, I was a bit skeptical too. However, when I took the time to check out the patterns, colours and most importantly – the way they are actually made, I found that several things set these apart from the assumed gym pant. Although these would be PERFECT gym pants. But I think they would be good for other places and activities as well. KAPOW!
- Patterns and colours. The array of patterns makes these suitable for more than the workout. Take the below photos for example (Taken from the Kapow site). These sets would even be suitable for the club or music festival.
- The fit. These are supposed to be incredibly comfortable. Like never want to take them off -kind of comfy. They stretch with your body and still leave things to the imagination (see next bullet point). The sizes range from a 28-38 inch (71.12 cm- 96.5 cm) waist and there is a lot of give on top of that. They are said to be very forgiving for different body shapes, as the material is adaptable to many forms. Also, for my guys who never skimp on leg day, these leggings stretch to fit your body comfortably. So if you have larger legs than the normal guy, these should still fit nicely. I know, I asked. They would be great for yoga, running, anything really that requires movement when you don’t want to let that shorts leg hang down or hike up too much! And I think these patterns would be groovy 🙂
(Just a little note: These above are my faves. ‘Supernova’)
- Make. Ladies and gentlemen, this is where it gets good. You remember that bicycle shorts craze where everyones …assets were on display? Well, if you look back through the photos I’ve posted, you will see that that is not the case here. These are tailor made with extra width around the waist, so everything just sort of blends in with the waistline. As a woman, I think this is fantastic! I don’t think any of us really like it when, um…when the family jewels are standing out from the crowd. Thank you to this company for making sure to say ‘buh-bye’ to unsightly bulge!
- Price. Totally reasonable at 24.99GBP, 29.82€ or $33.24 (based on todays conversion rates)
- International orders are welcome and I’ve got a great code for SHIPPING on orders of two or more pairs. Orders are made through the Kapow Meggings website. (I have linked it for you). Just make sure to input the code’ LEBFREESHIPPING ‘ so you can get your free shipping! (Seriously, free shipping is HUGE) This code is only valid through the end of October.
If you’re down for the social media hunt, you can find their Facebook page here, and their instagram here. I know, I’ve been stalking to make sure these really are as popular as they seem to be. They are 😉
If you’re the kind of man who wears the clothes and doesn’t let your clothes wear you; confident, fun, happy…I say GO FOR IT! WORK IT! I know my fiancé might have a colorful surprise for his birthday…
What do you think, would you wear these? Love it or hate it? Or do you have some? (I’d love to hear your thoughts!)
*disclaimer: I did not receive payment or product in exchange for my opinion. I did however, receive a limited time free shipping code to pass on to my subscribers 🙂