Ladies, may I have your attention!! I have stumbled upon the solution to our lipstick woes! You are going to love this stuff! I can speak for all of us, when I say that I am sick of carrying around 8 kilos of make-up in my bag and reapplying/freshening up in public areas all day, every day.
As most of you already know, I am a self-funded site. I purchase all my own cosmetics, clothes, treatments, etc. that I am personally interested in using and then, of course, I use myself as a guinea pig (It IS after all – Life Experiment!) and pass on my personal findings to you. As consumers, we need a reliable network of people who will tell us the truth as they see it, regarding these products. Now with some of them, you must keep in mind that I am in my 30’s, so what might be suitable for a 20-something with a natural glow, doesn’t cut it for this girl. I need high-end, plumping, moisturizing, long lasting, and occasionally – spackle. I have been on the hunt for the lipstick that would create the ‘ perfect pout’. Now that I’m engaged, I’m also searching for the perfect wedding lipstick.
I heard about Lip Ink about a year or so ago, through friends of mine living in L.A. This wax-free, semi permanent lip stick that is super long lasting and Smudge-free. I thought to myself: ‘Too good to be true? Yes. Absolutely. It must feel like house paint if it lives up to these standards. Must try….’ And so, for many months now I have been actively hunting lip ink products that I can 1) afford (I’m happy because it doesn’t actually cost as much as I thought) and 2) Would actually ship internationally! – By the way, I was having a really difficult time with the shipping and whoever it is that is running Lip Ink’s Instagram page, was absolutely AWESOME! They got me set up with their amazon uk page, and also the official site soon began offering really affordable international shipping as well if I wanted more than the trial package. Whoever you are, THANK YOU!
OK, so I go online. And I browse (and drool) for the ideal color kit that I think I want to use on my wedding day. I mean, this HAS to be it…right? How dreamy would it be to not have to worry about leaving lipstick all over my new hubby’s face, collar, or any of my other guests for that matter! And to look photo ready after the nuptials?! Oh yea, on it! I’m thinking since its a special day and I want to look super hot, that maybe red might be the way to go. OK, there’s like 10 different shades of red and you can play mix and match with the other colors to kind of create your own ideal shade. Hmmmmmm…..
So, I finally decide on Lava Red. There’s a process to this whole thing though, so you really should get the whole trial kit. The kit includes 2 ml lip color (will last a long time because such a tiny amount is necessary), 1 OFF towelette (lasts multiple uses if you work it right (i.e.; use a small area, cut it off, refold & replace in pouch) and 1 pouch of shine moisturizer (again, lasts multiple uses because only a teensy tiny amount is required). I added the kit to my cart, paid and waited….
I was so excited when my package got here! I tore it open, read the instructions & used it immediately!
Here’s the process:
- Use the off towelette to really rub your lips with – make sure it exfoliates and gets any residue off.
- Quickly splash your lips with water and pat completely dry.
- Put a teensy tiny amount (seriously, I learned my lesson, the color stays on better if you only use a teeeeeeeny bit) of the shine moisturizer on as a base. Massage it in until it is completely absorbed!
- Shake the color well before using. Make sure to wipe the wand, as a little goes a long way. Apply, going in one direction only, on lips. Apply slowly and don’t blot! It tingles a bit but only for like, a millisecond. Totally worth it. Let dry with lips parted for 10-20 seconds. Its recommended you do this 2-3 times to get an even, heady colour.
- Again, take a tiny bit of the shine moisturizer to keep your lips shining and moisturized.
This is me, after applying.
- When you’re done for the day, use the off towelette to remove the lip colour.
Now for the fun part: I wanted to take this stuff for a serious test run. See what it could manage. I applied the color at 16:00 (4 p.m.). Here’s how I put it to the test:
- Ran my fingers over the color after applying, nothing came off on my fingers
- Nacho nite! After dogging down on some serious snacks that isn’t the most pristine food to eat, still sporting the same pout.
- Wiping my mouth with a white napkin, which is still in pristine condition. Super 😉
- Rubbing my lips together constantly (My own bad habit). The colour remained, but this is where I learned that you really need to exfoliate and not over moisturize in the beginning of the application process.
- Kissing session with the guy 😉 – I was thrilled to see that he didn’t walk away looking like a crazed drag queen. My lipstick was on me, not him! YYYYEEEESSSSSS!!!
- The overnight test. Usually I am absolutely repulsed by the thought of going to bed with any makeup on. But again, I was doing research! Guess what? I woke up the next morning, and although not looking as perfectly pouted as this picture, my lips were still stained the same colour. I kid you not. I threw on some lipgloss and walked out of the house. Also, my white based pillow covers didn’t have a smudge on them. 😀
So there you have it; Tried and tested. This girl knows exactly what brand she’s using for her wedding day, and this will be in my make up bag from now on!
I was going to post this this weekend, but I wanted to play with the kit some more. I did find that if you exfoliate well at the beginning, and use the smallest amount of the moisturizer possible before applying the colour, it lasts better and prettier.
Lip ink carries an array of semi permanent cosmetics, and as well as this works, you can bet I’ll be trying some of their other products.
If you would like to purchase your own Lip Ink trial kit, you can find this specific colour that I’m reviewing by clicking the below image. You can also browse tons of other awesome colours by the company as well!
This is the Lava Red trial kit that I have reviewed from Lip Ink’s Amazon UK site:
LIP INK Smearproof Waterproof Natural Lipstain Lip Color Trial Kit, Lava Red
I will be trying this kit in Rust colour next:
What do you think, would you try this?