Fashion Fix: Rachel Zoe

I must admit that I initially thought that some of Rachel Zoe’s line was a little – eccentric – when it first hit the stores. Sequined knit winter hats, gloves and the like didn’t exactly seem like something I could use in -30 temps. I wasn’t exactly sure who this new celebrity stylist was that seemed to be taking the world by storm, and our T.V.’s as well.

rachel-zoe

Rachel Zoe, designer & celebrity stylist

Then one day it happened… I was in the States and happened to find myself in Saks Fifth Ave department store. They were having an incredible sale (which is why I was in there to begin with) and I was perusing the racks to see what caught my eye. There it was, a lamb leather and woven linen mini skirt. Gorgeous, and just my size! Now, I must explain, I have a deep dislike for man made fabrics. I much prefer naturals, silks, linens, leathers, cottons, hemps, wool and the like because it just feels so much better on my skin and because man made fabrics, although extremely easy to care for, make me hot and feel itchy and uncomfortable. So you can imagine my joy when I realized this skirt was my favourite fabrics, pretty and a perfect fit! Also, the % off sale cinched the deal! So, I bought it, of course! (pictured)

Now, I’m a reformed Zoe doubter. Not only do I accept her line, but I search out her items. Sometimes it takes awhile to find the perfect thing because price and material… Her line runs an average of $200 – $900 per item. (Not including accessories, thank God!). So people have to really be sure that what they get is what they want because they’ll be wearing for the foreseeable future.

Here are some of the looks from Rachel Zoe’s 2016 ready to wear as seen in Vogue.

rachel-zoe-spring-rtw-2016-look-15rachel-zoe-spring-rtw-2016-look-19rachel-zoe-spring-rtw-2016-look-20

Sometimes you can snag a really exciting deal, so I’ve taken the liberty, after searching a few reliable places to leave the links to some really affordable Rachel Zoe items that are on my lust list below:
Rachel Zoe Women’s Helen Dress, Black, 4

rz.jpg

Rachel Zoe Women’s Viv Dress Sandal, Gold, 8.5 M US

rz-shoe

Rachel Zoe Women’s Baker Funnel Neck Poncho, Black with Ivory, M/L

71ktl7ad3dl-_uy500_

What do you think? Love it or hate it? Thanks for reading and I wish you a very fashionable day!

1. piratepatty says:

Big Zoe fan. Loved her for years. Her designs fit me well!

2. ghostmmnc says:

Those are really pretty outfits. You were lucky to be in the right place at the right time for the sale. For me, I’d never wear something so fancy, but it’s nice to look at. I used to watch Rachel Zoe’s reality show on TV. I enjoyed it a lot. 🙂

I was lucky 🙂 You’re right, her runway collections – especially this year are really fancy. I like her ready to wear collection. It’s a bit more geared toward those of us who aren’t attending gala’s on a regularly basis. Is her show still on? We catch tidbits here and there but all the American shows are many seasons behind when they arrive here.

1. ghostmmnc says:

I’m not sure if she still has her TV show. I haven’t watched much in a long time, but should check it out.

Me either. Have to look for it now 😉

3. Go to her web site and sign up, great weekly mails with all updates regarding all her lines and offers, I have been a great fan for years ! Great choice

Great idea! Thanks, I’ll do that now 😀

1. You will love it………….

Totally 😀

4. Great post! Love some of the collection.

Thank you! 🙂

5. I watched her TV show on holiday a while back. She is indeed very talented.

6. Rachel Zoe is great! Such a style inspiration to myself. That ready to wear collection for vogue was such a hit. The deep v necks and bohemian aesthetic was a crown pleaser. And those gold heels!! In need them now!! So fabulous the trends carry into 2017. Check out my page where I post the trendiest fashions that are here to stay.