Getting to know you 15.01.2017: Which do you prefer?

Do you prefer to be smart, or happy? Why?

Looking forward to this discussion! πŸ™‚

My answer: Happy! Happy feels better πŸ™‚

1. Hmm, interesting choice! If I absolutely had to choose between those two, I’d pick happy as well.

Awesome! πŸ˜€

2. S. Hansen says:

Happy. I’ve done the smart and unhappy. I’m about ready to smash myself over the head so politics, the world and scientific facts no longer scare the shit outta me. Instead it’ll just go over my head.

Agreed. Thats so very true…

3. Tony Burgess says:

You can be smart in being happy because you are doing the things to make yourself so…or something like that.

I really like your logic! πŸ˜‰

4. It’s smart to be happy, and unsmart not to be, so… uh, both!? πŸ˜‰

Tricky…I like it! πŸ˜‰

5. Happy is my choice. Always

6. Jennie says:

Definitely happy.

7. Happy because a lot of times when we aim for “smart” we end up in great positions in life but not always happy.

I couldn’t agree more…

8. u2hearts says:

Happy, ignorance is bliss

Soooo true πŸ˜‰

9. Cee Neuner says:

Happy wins out in my book too, but my first thought was “Why can’t you be both”.

You CAN be both…but then there wouldn’t be a fun debate πŸ˜‰

10. Hmmm…I agree that it’s smart to be happy but if I had to choose, I’d definitely choose happy. Remember all of those Charles Schultz’s books with Snoopy and the gang? “Happiness is…” I used to read them to my kids when they were little. It brings back great memories.

Snoopy!! I love the Snoopster πŸ˜€

11. I agree that being happy feels better! Obviously being happy AND smart is ideal, but being happy, and not smart enough to know you’re not smart, must be great!

12. mandibelle16 says:

Hmmm, is made me think a bit. I’ve always been called smart and no matter what I do, I can’t help that’s how I’m viewed. So for me I just have to be myself and if that’s being smart about certain things because that’s me, then I’m happy. But I guess, I go for content. I have long learned happiness is fleeting, but contentedness can endure, even in not so good times. Sorry confusing answer I guess. If I had to pick between the two, if course happy.

Not confusing at all! A great argument, I have to say! πŸ˜‰

1. mandibelle16 says:

13. Definitely choose happiness, knowledge is thrown in our faces daily. You can have all the knowledge in the world and be miserable which I want to avoid. Interesting topic!

14. rugby843 says:

Happy is my choice, because it might lead to knowledge. If you’re unhappy you don’t care what anything about.

A valid point! πŸ™‚

15. I suspect that a large majority of the recipients of this query are universe-grade lucky. To live in this time and place (“western, modern world”), to live in peace (at the mall, no less) while there is war and famine all around us – that takes fall ass-backwards into angelfood cake luck. We spun well on the generational Wheel of Fortune as my burned-at-the-stake antecedents will attest to, if only they could. Many of them were smart – the intelligentsia of the day (much to the chagrin of the Pope, then). So they were smart but they, I’m sure – and I too – prefer luck.

120% AGREED! I could not have said it better myself. BTW – I’m so stealing you ‘fall ass-backwards into angel food cake luck’ line. Hahaha…Nailed it!

16. …Oops. Pressed send: not smart, or coordinated. Lucky in turn, enables happy. So I pick happy. That’s it. No changsies.

17. curiousβ€’pondering says:

Happy all of the way!

18. rPrab says:

Happiness is all we want! πŸ™‚

YES! πŸ˜€