I FOUND MY WEDDING DRESS!

Wooohooo! I found it! I found it!!! You are now looking at the proud owner of a beautiful wedding dress…and just in time, too!

For those of you reading who haven’t been following the wedding saga, I realized last week that ‘OMG! If I don’t pick a dress soon, I’m not going to have one AT ALL!’. My panic was well expressed in this post. I seriously thought that I could have my dress in-hand in 3 months time. My, my…how wrong I was. Apparently, the time frame is 6 months! Hurry! Hurry!

So this is what I did: I went back to the original boutique. All the others I visited were a bit ‘Meh’ for me. High prices for inferior fabrics, or waaayyyy too focused on the princess story. Being in my late 30’s, I really have no need to re-inact a disney movie and look quite preposterous in some of the ballgowns. Bigger is not always better. Not for me anyway.

At this boutique, I had fallen in love with a few gowns and had to leave without trying some of them on due to time constraints. So I went back, and I picked my dress loves and we all went into the fitting room together. There is truly nothing quite like having a wall of Β wedding dresses waiting for your opinion. I love it. Champagne helps.

Here are some that I absolutely adore (I wasn’t able to include all of them, as some look like a solid wall of veil – which I’m guessing nobody wants to see).

img_3471

I was swooning for this gown. We did have a battle over undergarments. I’m sorry, but I will NOT be wearing a hoop! Let it hang… πŸ™‚

img_3452

Feeling a bit ‘Peggy Sue Got Married’ but it is age-appropriate.

img_3447

Flow-y makes my heart sing πŸ™‚ Don’t mind the mess in the back, that was for sizing purposes.

img_3433

Oh…Glamour, detail and gold…how I love thee! A bit cozy around the hips, but just look at it!

img_3323

Ah…the romance of lace! I love it, like really love it. But I fear my fiancΓ© will tell me I look like a table cloth. And then I will have to use it against him for the rest of his life.

img_3313

Aaaand throw in a bit of Old Hollywood in the mix for good measure πŸ˜‰

A few things. I know I said I didn’t want strapless. And I tried, I really did! These 2 strapless dresses are the only strapless ones I tried. And the reason being? The bodice is so tight, it’s not going A-N-Y-W-H-E-R-E, possibly not even a comfortable sitting position if I don’t do a emergency slim down of 1-2 cm’s.

I did, in fact, have The Moment! I cried. Not crocodile tears, but enough to know that ‘this is my dress’! It’s so hard to explain. I tried on a coordinating veil with each dress I loved. But when I looked in the mirror and saw myself in The Dress with the veil, it was like I knew that this dress would be carrying me down the aisle. I was so lucky to have my mother with me who was helping me by taking photos and I heard, can’t you smile? Why can’t you smile? And I just couldn’t say anything. My eyes welled up with tears while I stared at myself in the mirror and thought about walking down the aisle to the man I love. It was…surreal.

Ironically, the dress I chose (or that chose me) is not something I would normally go for. So I’m really glad I went in with an open mind and looked for dresses outside of my comfort zone. Otherwise, I never would have found this beauty. And I did not want to take the dress off. When the associate asked me if this was the dress I wanted, I said that the tears spoke for themselves and that is a clear sign to me that you need this dress. THIS ONE! She was a real doll, by the way, the sales associate. When I cried, she cried too. And then we all laughed about how overtly emotional we got.

So what do you think? Any favourites?

Which one do you think is The One?

P.S.- The feature photo (hanging dress I’m not in) is a diversion tactic in case fiancΓ© finds himself scrolling through the blog. He’ll think thats the one and will be so surprised when the big day comes! πŸ˜‰

*Feature photo by Sharla Stenersen Photography

1. Jim says:

I like the last one myself.

Thank you, Jim πŸ™‚ I think the last one is really chic!

2. Congratulations on finding the one. I know how hard it is to find the perfect wedding dress, be it in any culture. So congrats again. My favourite was the first one, the one you said you’d let hang. It flatters your curves and looks just the right bit of romantic and not over-the-top. All the best with the wedding prep and God bless you 😊

Thank you so much! You are so right, it is not an easy task. I love the 1st dress too πŸ˜‰

1. You’re most welcome 😊

3. hudapervez says:

Congratulations! πŸ’•πŸ’• Personally I love the first dress..it looks beautiful on you. But I’m sure you’ll look gorgeous in whichever one you chose! 😊😊

Thank you, you are too kind! I love the first dress too πŸ˜‰

4. Covet Luxe says:

I love 1st and 3rd, however all looked beautiful on you! Good luck with the wedding!! x

Thank you! I’m so excited πŸ˜€ Love the first one πŸ˜‰

5. Hazel says:

OOOO hand on a minute, one of the dresses above is Your Dress???
    I am so glad you had ‘ The Moment’ as I know from your previous post you were rather worried you wouldn’t have it.

I think most Bride-to_be’s do have the moment eventually. I think all of them are very lovely. Some very fabulous choices that’s for sure.

πŸ˜€ Thank you! I’m so excited! I can’t wait for the ‘unveiling’ literally…LOL But has to be after the ceremony. ❀

6. cherylanne57 says:

It looks beautiful!

7. u2hearts says:

The first or the last one is my guess they are all beautiful but those really were stunning

Thank you so much! I think you might be on to something with your picks πŸ˜‰

8. Love the first one..the skirts look like they will fall beautifully and drape really elegantly, the second one too. Some beautiful dresses… I’m guessing the first is “The One” as that’s the only one you’re not pictured in…whichever you choose, you’ll look wonderful! πŸ™‚

The cover picture (dress I’m not in) is actually a faux. Borrowed to misdirect the man if he finds himself on the blog πŸ˜‰ Second one is dream-y! Thank you so much for your kind words! ❀

1. HA HA HA! Got me…:)

I’m now confident my ruse will work! πŸ˜‰

9. StyleBlog'N says:

Wow! They are all so beautiful!!!!!

Thank you! I think so too πŸ˜€

10. I like first and the last. It was lovely to see them all.😊

Thank you! Those 2 seem to be the favourites πŸ˜€

11. Jen Li says:

Congratulations! It’s really beautiful.

12. r_prab says:

Congatulations Mliae! So happy for you! ☺Take the 1st one , it is awesome blossom ☺

Thank you! I do reeeaaalllllyyy love that one πŸ˜‰ It IS awesome!

13. Mandibelle16 says:

Number one is a 4 out of 5, the train is beautiful, but the front is a bit plain without jewelry. The second last one is my fav 5/5, suits you very well and your body shape, plus the Lacey fabric and buttons in the back are great details, plus it gas that bit of a train. The last ones not bad, about a 3.5/5 the top is awesome in the front, but the material it’s made of (the rest) is really plain and you’re right ‘table clothish. I like the modern neck line and off the shoulders, but maybe you could find one out of different material, but similar? All in all number one or the second last. Good luck!

Love the rating scale! I will admit that the 1st and 2nd to last are my loves. As for the last one? You are correct. I loved the shape, but hated the fabric. Too stiff. It felt artificial.

14. They’re beautiful! I love the 1st one and 4th one! πŸ™‚

Me too! Thank you πŸ˜€

1. You’re so welcome!! I’m sure that you have a tough choice to make! πŸ™‚

It was a tough one πŸ˜‰

3. Haha! I bet! πŸ™‚

15. theonlysup says:

U look fabulous.. In this ..

Why, thank you! πŸ˜€ I felt…pretty πŸ™‚

16. rugby843 says:

I think they are all very pretty, but the prettiest is the bride!

Love this comment!!

17. The glamour one (of course) πŸ™‚ But you are not going to let us know because your fiance mustn’t see it yet

Bingo! I love the glamour one. I felt like a star πŸ™‚

18. Simple Day LLC says:

Congratulations on finding the dress! That’s always so exciting! Can’t wait to see it! πŸ™‚

Thank you so much! I can’t wait to show it off! πŸ™‚

19. 1, 4 and 5 are my favs. You look lovely in them! Can’t wait to see what you chose! xoxo Sarah

Thank you! πŸ˜€

20. They’re all really pretty. I have no clue which one you chose – but I’d guess it’s dress number 1. Yes, I’m saying this because it would be my favourite. πŸ˜€

21. dray0308 says:

Reblogged this on Dream Big, Dream Often and commented:
    This is Life Experiment Blog!!

22. I like the very last one πŸ™‚

The Hollywood glamour one? Yay! πŸ™‚

23. The last one is certainly classy. Shopping for wedding dress is fun πŸ™‚

Thank you! It is fun, but surreal too.

24. You look stunning in all of them! I said yes to the dress recently too and it’s the most exciting moment in wedding planning!

Thank you! Congratulations! Isn’t it super fun πŸ˜€ I LOVE IT!

25. jennymarie4 says:

Congrats on finding your perfect dress. They’re all gorgeous! I’m excited to see which is THE one! ❀

Thank you! Soon, there will be an ‘unveiling’ πŸ˜‰ LOL…pun intended!

26. I also ended up going for a dress that I would have normally never picked for myself or would have even thought I’d like. Gotta go with the gut, girl. Congrats.

Thank you! Glad to be in good company, I’ve been doubting my sanity. Did you? And then fall in love all over again when you got into it? πŸ™‚

27. danajcarroll says:

Omg congrats!!!

Thank you!! πŸ˜€

Thank you!! My faves as well πŸ˜‰

28. autistsix says:

Hi, beautiful dresses. I had a hoop under my wedding dress & it was sooooo comfortable, so if you liked the look but were worried about comfort don’t be, although the dress looked great without. Just a warning from an old married lady; don’t count on losing weight. I stress/water weight swelled up 2 cms on my wedding day; all of which I lost that night. Even my head was swollen and the veil cut a v shape into the excess flesh on my forehead, fortunately my going away outfit included a hat the same shape. Greatest day of my life (25 years next month).

Was it comfy? Good to know! All I could see was flashes of sitting down and my skirt shooting up higher than my head…or having to shimmy through doorways. :/
      I hear you on the weight gain, the dress was ordered in my true size. πŸ˜‰
      10000 Congratulations on your upcoming 25th wedding anniversary! That is truly something to be celebrated! ❀

29. Congrats on finding THE dress! It’s so much fun dress shopping. Love your choices and really like the last one. All the best with the rest of wedding planning and enjoy every moment on your big day! πŸ™‚

Thank you so much for you kind wishes! Yay! ❀

30. Love the one with the gold. The fit is fabulous on you. I myself don’t love gold but it works with your skin tone.

Thank you so much! I went ga-ga for that one πŸ™‚

31. I particularly liked 1 and 5, but the gold detail one was lovely as well. I’m glad I don’t have to choose – I just couldn’t!

It was difficult!

32. msw blog says:

Loving number two….

Thanks πŸ™‚ I really dig that one myself πŸ˜‰

33. fairyweds says:

Nice dresses. I love the last one πŸ™‚

Thank you! πŸ™‚

34. Kirsty Grant says:

The fit and flare looks amazing on you! Your thoughts on your fiance comparing you to a table cloth also gave me a good giggle.