Back to Wedding Planning!

Hello!

Although I’m still in recovery for another couple of weeks, my brain has awoken and I realized… ‘OMG! The wedding should be in several months and we had to take this huge break from getting anything done! OMG, OMG, OMG…..’  So yeah, about that.

Today, there are 2 items on my agenda that MUST be handled. Invitation ideas and bridal shoes. Think I can manage it? Probably not. But I’ll give it all I’ve got.

I’m having a tough time with bridal shoes. I’m a sky-high-heels kind of girl. Unfortunately for my shoe selection, we’ve opted for an indoor/outdoor gig. Which means there isn’t a heel protector on the planet that will keep me upright and not sunk into the dirt for a minimum of 6 hours.

I would love something like this, but I just can’t…..*sniff *sniff

Bagdley Mischka

Badgley Mischka Women’s Candance Dress Pump, Light Pink, 9.5 M US

These Badly Mischka’s are SPOT ON!  Seriously, even the colour matches my accents puuurrrfectly. I wonder, do you think I could use these as my ummm…indoor shoes? Yeah right, I know, might as well just burn money for our guests entertainment. But they are dreamy.

So, I figure maybe wedges are the way to go?

Getmorebeauty Women’s Wedge Flowers Pearls Mary Janes Wedding Bridal Shoes 7 B(M) US

Uuummm… Nope. What is it about wedges that makes me walk like a trucker? I did see a gorgeous dainty pair on pinterest, that was IMPOSSIBLE to track down to purchase anywhere. They had lace all the way around the wedge so it didn’t look so clunky. Of course, find the ideal pair…can’t buy them.

This might actually be much more practical.

low wedge

LUXVEER Ivory Low Heel Wedding Wedges Shoes,2inch Heels-EU36

The lower wedge will minimize the possibility of my face planting in the dirt and should be more comfortable for a night on the dance floor. And they’re pretty 🙂

OK, what about flats? I really can’t justify to myself, wearing ballerina flats on my wedding day. I mean…my feet dress up more for work, am I right? But I did come across this very pretty, but quite expensive pair.

flats

Badgley Mischka Women’s Gigi Pointed Toe Flat, Ivory, 6 M US

I cannot decide….the hunt continues.

Now, for the details. Invitations. I have been stuck on this for too long already. I think that most brides want something elaborate to commemorate that special day.

elaborate invite

Wishmade Vintage Laser Cut Wedding Invitations Cards Blue 50 Pieces Kit for Marriage Engagement Birthday Bridal Shower Open Door Design with Envelopes Seals Party Favors

This invitation is Gorgeous with a capital ‘G’! However, we are going simple. If we were to do an invite like this, the wedding would have to be much bigger and definitely more formal. The invites we can afford, but everything else to compliment the invites, we cannot.

What about simple?

invite

Wilton 100-Pack Single Border Invitation, Ivory

Ok, these I actually really like!

I would like to add some color though, but not in the form of flowers or other templates. But that’s easy to do….right? Or should I go like just one little baby step more in the elaborate direction?

What do you think? Any faves, or any ‘NO’s!’?

The wedding planning train has left the station.

1. I have a pair of very similar 2″ wedding wedges and they are wonderful! I wore them with my “Mother of the Bride” dress!

So great to hear some real feedback on those! Thank you so much 🙂 Did they work comfortably for dancing?

1. Yes…they were really comfortable! The main thing was that I wasn’t taking a chance on tripping on sky high heels… even though I like the way they look! Plus…much better for
        having fun when the music began!!!!

Exactly! OK, I think I need to look into this option further, then. Thanks!

2. Have to say I love the Gigi flats, pretty, yet stylish and comfortable. Also the invitations-love the classic design of the last option 🙂 x

Awesome! We are on the same page 🙂 Thank you!

3. 365daysofnewwithafewtriedandtrue says:

All such beautiful shoes! I actually went with Sketcher tennis shoes. No one sees them, and it is very me! My sister did red heels to match the bridesmaid shoes. Very fun. I’d go with whatever is the most like you. It is true that you’ll want to be comfortable. I danced all night long.

I like the simple invite. You could add color with a few gem type stickers that match your wedding colors. I bought tiny pink ones. Simple yet a touch of color. Also, super affordable.

I Love that! I’ve sewn some great pins of sneaker wearing couples and it is just too adorable ❤ I would love to do a bright pair of heels. Maybe for the indoor part. The stickers, I love! I've been trying to figure out how to add a pop of colour and that's a great idea. Thank you!

4. My husband and I granted were lucky to have a friend who designed ours. We personally went for symbolism and color matching with our invites over elaborate. Our ceremony was outside in a garden and the reception indoors so I actually had a pair of heels for the former and very comfy flats for the latter which both went lovely well with my dress and didn’t cost an arm and a leg!

Yes! This sounds right up my alley. You were very lucky to have that friend!

1. Oh we know. Thank God for that.

5. smartiebabie says:

I had two pairs of shoes on my wedding day! Kitten heels and flats. Both pairs were less than £100 so they didn’t break the bank.
    My mum tempted me into the kitten heels as she didn’t think I should wear flats all day (I’m a proper flats kind of girl). I’m so glad I had both.

6. smartiebabie says:

I had two pairs of shoes for my wedding. Kitten heels and a pair of flats, when I went shopping for my shoes with my Mum I found them both in the same shop and fell in love with both pairs. Together I paid not much more than £100 for them. I started off in the kitten heels then changed into the flats.

Now, that was a great find!

1. smartiebabie says:

Both pairs came from a department store in England called Debenhams
        One of the pairs was debenhams own and the other pair was from a brand called Dune.

7. dray0308 says:

Reblogged this on Dream Big, Dream Often and commented:
    Life Experiment Blog!

8. Congrats on your upcoming marriage! My wedding had dancing too and was planned to be outdoors though that changed the day of…so I sympathize with your shoe dilemma. I wore one inch heels that weren’t perfect but went okay with both my traditional white dress and my Chinese-style red and gold qipao. The short heel worked well for dancing. If worst comes to worst you can dance barefoot! Less sexy, but more romantic. 😉 I think if you want fancy invites And can afford it, go for it. People are overly picky if they expect invites to match wedding decor, but that’s just me. Enjoy your planning and don’t stress out!

9. Susan says:

You have amaaaazing taste! I hope you find the perfect pair!

10. I made & designed my own invites. Print at Staples and supplies from Michaels. Very inexpensive and fun!

Buy the flats to wear later in the evening for comfort 🙂

Sounds like a great way to save a ton of money 💰I’m all in on the flats. Actually opted to wear flats for the whole shebang. Best decision ever!

1. Do it! I am wearing gold salsa shoes, spent the 💰 i saved on invites though! Worth it, extremely beautiful & comfortable. Ill be following your wedding posts.

Awesome and thank you! 😀