Oh no! I can’t fit into my dress!!

on

OMG, OMG, OMG…

I am SO MAD at myself right now! It’s been 6 weeks since major surgery and I am still not allowed to do anything. Seriously, nothing. At least until my physician gives me the green light. And with 6 weeks of minimal movement & the food that accompanies, I’ve gained at a rate of 1 kg (about 2 lbs) per week. 6 kg’s total. I cannot fit into my dress. My beautiful dress.

I spent almost a year last year, fighting to slim down and fit nicely in my swimsuit. Which I finally did, thanks to David. (who is going to be sooooo disappointed). If I could exercise, this would go away, I know it. But what does a person do when they are unable to run, lift, stretch, squat – and the like? I don’t want to go all eating disorder diet, but that baby food & cabbage soup diet is looking pretty good right now. ย Help!

What do I do now?

1. chape says:

Haha! It usually happens after a surgery! The problem is the weddingยดs date ๐Ÿ˜€ Maybe you have plenty of time but youยดre freaking out ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Anyway, at this moment, are you allowed to take long walks? Walking burns fat and keeps you away from the fridge ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Hugs!

I do not have time. I mean, a couple months, but it’ll be like last 2 weeks when I can actually go into a gym and workout the way I should. I can take walks, its encouraged. I haven’t been going sooo long since I can’t take the dogs, but I’ll get walking. THANK YOU! Hugs ๐Ÿ™‚

1. chape says:

That’s a lifetime! ๐Ÿ˜† You can do it.
        Sometimes, very often actually, the best workout is that we’re able to do. So, walk, several times a day, every day.

Yessir! ๐Ÿ˜€

2. I dont know if this will work for you, but I’m doing keto and it’s amazing. It’s essentially super low carb. Here’s a good website for pointers and info https://www.ketovangelist.com/

I’ll check it out, thanks for the tip ๐Ÿ™‚

3. u2hearts says:

It’s because of the surgery. Watch salt intake drink lots of water. Weight will come off.

I did not even think about salt. Good call! Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Hopefully you have time to recover.

Hopefully. I go in this week to see if they’ll lift some of the movement restrictions.

5. First of all, don’t panic! You have to eat sensibly so you recover, but walks and swimming, if you can, should help ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿพxx

Thank you. I am freaked. Walking I can do. Guess those trips need to be longer.

6. Lemon water helps lose weight.

Better if its hot or cold?

1. I always do cold!

Ok, I’ll try it! Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Oh no, I’m so sorry to hear that girl. I’d say drink enough water and cut down on your carbs. And indeed, better walk than no movement at all. xoxo Sarah

Water, carbs & walking seem to be the common denominators here. I started this today. OK, except carbs. Thats sooo difficult.

1. That one is a hard one, I know!! I can’t stay away from white rice.. And I just love my potatoes!! xoxo Sarah

8. srbottch says:

Is altering the dress an option? Getting healthy and strong is important now. Alter the dress and worry about the weight later when you can do something about it. (Does this sound like a man’s advice?)

Totally sounds like a mans advice ๐Ÿ™‚ Practical! And spot-on too. Thank you for making my health the priority! Actually, at this point altering is no longer an option. You see, I had to get it altered SMALLER because I had lost more weight & was between sizes. Now, with the (umm…whats that fabric called? Chiffon, right) Because there are 2 flows top layers of chiffon, if its taken out, all of the needle marks from it being made smaller will show. :/

9. Jen says:

Long walk helps if you can do it. Also cut down on carbs is important, I think.

Carbs are the devil. And my weakness. I’ve got to give those up. Agreed!