Oh no! I can’t fit into my dress!!

on

OMG, OMG, OMG…

I am SO MAD at myself right now! It’s been 6 weeks since major surgery and I am still not allowed to do anything. Seriously, nothing. At least until my physician gives me the green light. And with 6 weeks of minimal movement & the food that accompanies, I’ve gained at a rate of 1 kg (about 2 lbs) per week. 6 kg’s total. I cannot fit into my dress. My beautiful dress.

I spent almost a year last year, fighting to slim down and fit nicely in my swimsuit. Which I finally did, thanks to David. (who is going to be sooooo disappointed). If I could exercise, this would go away, I know it. But what does a person do when they are unable to run, lift, stretch, squat – and the like? I don’t want to go all eating disorder diet, but that baby food & cabbage soup diet is looking pretty good right now. Β Help!

What do I do now?

1. chape says:

Haha! It usually happens after a surgery! The problem is the weddingΒ΄s date πŸ˜€ Maybe you have plenty of time but youΒ΄re freaking out πŸ˜‰
    Anyway, at this moment, are you allowed to take long walks? Walking burns fat and keeps you away from the fridge πŸ˜‰
    Hugs!

I do not have time. I mean, a couple months, but it’ll be like last 2 weeks when I can actually go into a gym and workout the way I should. I can take walks, its encouraged. I haven’t been going sooo long since I can’t take the dogs, but I’ll get walking. THANK YOU! Hugs πŸ™‚

1. chape says:

That’s a lifetime! πŸ˜† You can do it.
        Sometimes, very often actually, the best workout is that we’re able to do. So, walk, several times a day, every day.

Yessir! πŸ˜€

2. I dont know if this will work for you, but I’m doing keto and it’s amazing. It’s essentially super low carb. Here’s a good website for pointers and info https://www.ketovangelist.com/

I’ll check it out, thanks for the tip πŸ™‚

3. u2hearts says:

It’s because of the surgery. Watch salt intake drink lots of water. Weight will come off.

I did not even think about salt. Good call! Thanks πŸ™‚

4. Hopefully you have time to recover.

Hopefully. I go in this week to see if they’ll lift some of the movement restrictions.

5. First of all, don’t panic! You have to eat sensibly so you recover, but walks and swimming, if you can, should help 🐱🐾xx

Thank you. I am freaked. Walking I can do. Guess those trips need to be longer.

6. Lemon water helps lose weight.

Better if its hot or cold?

1. I always do cold!

Ok, I’ll try it! Thanks πŸ™‚

7. Oh no, I’m so sorry to hear that girl. I’d say drink enough water and cut down on your carbs. And indeed, better walk than no movement at all. xoxo Sarah

Water, carbs & walking seem to be the common denominators here. I started this today. OK, except carbs. Thats sooo difficult.

1. That one is a hard one, I know!! I can’t stay away from white rice.. And I just love my potatoes!! xoxo Sarah

I know..right?!

8. srbottch says:

Is altering the dress an option? Getting healthy and strong is important now. Alter the dress and worry about the weight later when you can do something about it. (Does this sound like a man’s advice?)

Totally sounds like a mans advice πŸ™‚ Practical! And spot-on too. Thank you for making my health the priority! Actually, at this point altering is no longer an option. You see, I had to get it altered SMALLER because I had lost more weight & was between sizes. Now, with the (umm…whats that fabric called? Chiffon, right) Because there are 2 flows top layers of chiffon, if its taken out, all of the needle marks from it being made smaller will show. :/

9. Jen says:

Long walk helps if you can do it. Also cut down on carbs is important, I think.

Carbs are the devil. And my weakness. I’ve got to give those up. Agreed!

10. Fabi Blogger says:

I agree with everybody else! Walk, drink water, cut down on the carbs, and also load up on the produce. Try to eat at least one serving of produce in every meal. More if you can. Eat big green salads (no creamy dressing!), drink green smoothies, and don’t forget the protein and good fats (olive oil, avocado, nuts, and seeds). Also, try to get plenty of sleep, 8 hours every night. And try to meditate to get rid of stress. Lack of sleep and stress will put your body into fat-storing mode.
    -Fabi at Wonder Fabi

Thanks! Salad sauce is my weakness. I know it’s horrible for me, but it tastes soooo good!

11. Terrant says:

I cannot add anything that someone else has already said, so I just wish you good luck and a quick recovery.

12. I am a bit late to the party but you have been given good advice so far: Walk 1 hour per day, reduce your salt intake (includes soy sauce and processed foods) eat more vegetables, limit fruit to 2 pieces per day and not for dinner.
    Limit your carbohydrate consumption by reducing the fast carbs (no white rice, potatoes, flours or sugars) instead you can eat wholegrain rice, wholegrain pita bread or Ezequiel bread. The Keto lifestyle is based on this approach however it could be a bit extreme and if you go back to your previous way of eating (meaning everything) you will put back the weight and maybe more. With regards to portion control, that will depend on your height and weight, if you need more accurate advice I am happy to help you privately (free of charge of course). Good luck! πŸ˜€

Great advice! Thanks a bundle and I think I might be contacting you πŸ˜‰