When you just need a really good BEER

Greetings everyone 🙂

I have to preface this by stating that I am not a beer drinker on the regular. I usually prefer wine when I do drink. But sometimes, I find myself in a pub with friends or after a long day of yard work out in the sun and I like to try new beers. Sometimes they are ok, sometimes they are GREAT!

I do prefer dark beers. I’m not sure why, exactly. But it seems like the lighter beers just taste so light. If I’m drinking a beer, I want to drink a BEER. The darker the roast, the better.

Now, I have been offered Christmas darks, chocolate darks and the like. But this Organic Chocolate Stout from Samuel Smith is REALLY GOOD. So good that I had to post about it. It’s a bit on the pricier side, running at €6 per bottle in the market. But I promise you, if you have a taste for dark beer, you will most definitely be buying more than 1 bottle after you taste this.

Please note: This is NOT a sponsored post. It is a voluntary review about an item I freely chose & purchased. And loved.

What are some of your faves? Any recommendations? I’d love to try!

1. James L says:

Not a beer drinker, I prefer cider – I like Stowford Press it makes me happy 🙂

Sounds great, I’ll have to try it! I just found a granny smith apple cider from the states. It’s really good!

2. chape says:

Estrella Galicia is my fav, also it´s Spanish, the best Spanish beer 😀
    I like Judas if I really want to get drunk, and Chimay Blue for sybarite celebrations 😉

Haven’t tried those yet! Thanks for the share!

3. The absolute best beers in the UK are without a doubt – Newcastle Brown Ale, Old Speckled Hen and Banks’ Bitter, can’t go wrong with any of those. 🙂

Love it! I have to try the Banks Bitter, Thanks for the referral 🍻

4. Howdy! If you like dark beers then I have great news for you: there are TONS! If you like your beer really dark then I would focus on stouts and especially imperial stouts. A great beer that has a rich dessert taste is Crème Brûlée Imperial Milk Stout by Southern Tier. I mean, it tastes like a liquid crème brûlée. But if you want to get the darkest and most roasty of all, try Russian Imperial Stouts. Check out the Russian Imperial Stouts made by Stone or Founders, or Ten FIDY by Oskar Blues. Cheers, and let me know what you think if you try any of these!

OMG, that creme Brûlée stout sounds sooo good! I’ll have to search for that one. Thanks for the tips! 😃