Is it just me, or do you currently dread reading the daily news too?

Hello there sunshine-y people πŸ™‚

I am generally a pretty happy person. I’m slow in the mornings, but I have a routine that helps me get both eyes open. I wake up, stumble into the kitchen for coffee (which my hubby lovingly has ready and waiting…Love that guy!) I sit at the table and sip and mumble, and then when I find myself alone, I open my pc and read the world news. I have done this for as long as I can remember everyday before work and it’s nice to go about my day not wondering if I’m in the dark about something that will have an affect on my day. It wakes me up, gets me going and makes me happy.

But now, I have to vent. I just have to do it. For months now, reading the news (World & local) feels more like I’m getting a damage report, and less like I’m in the know. I mean really. I dread opening my PC some mornings now. I just don’t want to know. The entire world is in upheaval, or so it seems. I know that much of it is sensationalism, and globalism. Horrible things have always happened, but we haven’t always had that information at our fingertips. But, it seems like good things don’t happen anymore. I know they do, and there has to be somewhere I can find happy news. Isn’t there?

I keep a close watch on economic and marketing trends, so its not like I can just stick my head in the sand and pretend the world doesn’t exist. But seriously, I feel like I’m watching the world burn everyday after breakfast. What is this all about?

Is it just me, or are you feeling this way too?

*Photo source: Imgur

1. You are Right… buddy.. πŸ‘ .
    Some times I also feel like why the world is having so much negativity all around……πŸ˜”

Odd, isn’t it. For awhile I thought the world had gone mad, and then I realized that there was just as much violence decades ago, we just didn’t hear about all of it.

2. I stopped reading/watching the news many yrs ago. I’ll get an update from time to time from family and/or friends. πŸ™ƒ

Sounds like you found a good way of dealing with this πŸ˜‰

3. Tony Burgess says:

I am a news junkie but in the past year most of it depresses me. It’s really hard to find good news because that sort of stuff doesn’t sell. Local news is important because its impacting us directly however national stuff can be important to know about.

Glad to be in good company πŸ™‚

4. the20somethingexistentialcrisis says:

I feel like a lot of “news” is just over sensationalized non issues, then there are the things that don’t get reported. But, you’re right, as of late the news has been a keen source of anxiety.

Totally. And yes, the sensationalism is very bad now. The story just grows and grows..

5. susansleggs says:

I totally agree. Way too depressing and confusing. One doesn’t know what to believe anymore. I liked it better when the world was a larger place.

Yeessss, exactly!

6. It’s not just you. I can hardly stand to watch the news on TV anymore. I was once a journalist and a news junkie. Now I force myself to read 2 weekly news magazines, but I read for short amounts of time and never in the mornings.

Were you really? And now you can’t stand it either. Now THAT says something!

1. Yes, I really was, but that was before 24 hour news channels on television and before the development of smartphones or personal computers or the internet. LOL

I actually prefer the old days of not having 24 hour news. And super cool for you! πŸ˜€

3. I prefer that, too! Thank you!