Requiem For a Sweater

My old friend.

How happy I was to pull you from the wardrobe today.

It was my horror to find a hole in the front of you.

We discussed sweater surgery,

but you were beyond repair.

So it was my sad news

to have to throw you in the refuse.

I will miss you my old, brown friend.

The warm embrace of your cashmere,

wrapped around me on a cold winters day.

The comfort of being stretched-out just ‘so’

as to rival the most comfy college Tee.

I will miss having a sweater that matches everything

My wardrobe ‘go-to’,

now a footnote in my style notebook.

I don’t think I’ll ever be able to replace you,

my favourite cashmere sweater.

A sad day in closet land,

1. Tony Burgess says:

My sympathies to your sweater. It was well worn I am sure.

Haha, thank you šŸ˜€ I couldn’t help myself, I had to do this post.

2. My sympathy…I have a grey cardigan whose days are numbered and will be going to that great Wardrobe in the sky…šŸ‘¼

Oh no, I’m so sorry to hear that! Enjoy your cardi while you can!

3. Sparkyjen says:

Oh darn! Couldn’t wear it around the house??? I promise it wouldn’t mind not seeing the outside world, just being close to your skin, keeping you warm, that would be enough.

No, can’t wear it as a sloppy day sweater. The holes were um…in an inopportune spot šŸ˜‰

I know, right?

4. Deb says:

May she Rest In Pieces!! Hey you tried…but try as you might no success!! She’ll be gone but not forgotten…until the next great sweater comes along. šŸ˜‰

LOLz, I love that ‘Rest in pieces’! šŸ˜€ Until the next great one, cheers to that!

1. Deb says:

Lol…cheers!! šŸ™‚

5. Glenda says:

What a cute but all too true description of how we all feel when a staple piece of clothing has to go.
    I used to have a shirt that was perfect for anything especially because the design already appeared to have wine stains! How happy my daughter was when It FINALLY gave up the ghost!!!
    PS I love your style of writing!!! I usually try anything you happen to advertise! Every lifexperiment blog makes me smile!!!

Wow, thanks so much! Funny story about your wine stain shirt…thanks for sharing!