“GOLDEN MILK” Turmeric Tea

I found this cool Tumeric Tea recipe from http://www.healthybyheidi.wordpress.com during a blog reading sess. I have never thought about putting these ingredients together, but the more I think about it, the more delicious it sounds! I had to share this drink recipe because I think you’ll find it cool, plus I want to keep it handy to try out when I’m brave enough to introduce this to the family! Thank you, Heidi for letting me reblog this! 😀

HEALTHY BY HEIDI • NUTRITION AND FITNESS SERVICES

Golden Milk tea is a great way to get the benefits of turmeric daily and its delicious!

Ingredients

• 2 cups of milk of choice (almond, coconut, etc)
  • 1 tsp turmeric powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • Pinch of black pepper (increases absorption)
  • Pinch of fresh ginger root or 1/4 tsp ginger powder
  • 1 tsp raw honey or maple syrup (add more if desired)

Instructions

• Add the milk to a small pot on the stove and heat on low.
  • Add the rest of the ingredients, stirring frequently for a few minutes. Heat mixture but do not bring to a boil.
  • Remove from heat and strain the mixture through a strainer.
  • Froth the top of the milk if desired.

Notes

If spilled this mixture may stain countertops. Should this happen, try making a thick paste of baking soda and water and scrub the stain.

View original post

1. I just read about the health benefits of ginger. I already knew about turmeric and cinnamon. It makes sense to put them together but I never thought about making it into a milk. Thank you for sharing this! I look forward to giving it a try.

They must be good, the health benefits. What are some of them? Please, let us know how this turns out for you!

1. weight loss, anti-inflammatory, reduction of pain! Very good things! I will!

Oh! Wow! Ok, I really have to try this out then. Thanks! 🙂

3. I just found a tea at Publix that has organic ginger and turmeric. I bought it and tried it. It was good! Next time, I’m going to add cinnamon.

Hmmm…that sounds good & pretty easy! We don’t have that store here, but what is the brand?

5. It’s called Traditional Medicinal. It’s very good! I have been making a cup every night. I add honey to sweeten it. It’s very soothing.

I will keep an eye out for it. Thanks!! 😀

7. It’s called Traditional Medicinals.

2. Lan says:

Turmeric Tea is trending here in my place! Need to try your recipe then.

Awesome! Please let us know what you think 🙂