A different type of hoard

Hi there 🙂

As many of you know, when in need of some serious cleaning motivation, I watch hoarders (or a derivative thereof). Usually it only takes about 10 minutes for me to jump up and start frantically cleaning.

Today was no exception. However, this episode was so different than usual, I actually watched the whole thing through. I guess what set it apart was that it really WAS a collection. Granted, a collection which lookup 3 houses and they couldn’t afford the mortgage, but a collection nonetheless.  It was really interesting to me to see how this was hoarding. I mean, its clearly hoarding, but…. Organized hoarding. Or, as it was referred to – hoarding for the wealthy.

It’s very rare that I post links – especially to youtube. I think this is the 3rd time in 2 years. I know that some of you are in the same ‘hoarders and panic clean’ boat as I am, so I felt the need to share the link. Maybe you’ll be as fascinated as I was.

S09 E01 Linda & Lonnie

Anyone else seen a memorable hoarding episode?

1. r_prab says:

Difficult to let go off things! Haha 😀 Postpone cleaning till next mood

Haha is right!

2. I do the SAME thing. My mother is a hoarder, and whenever I need to get some cleaning done, I think of the house I lived in when I was a teenager. And put on hoarders. Not fun! I have decided to start living a little more minimally, so I am throwing more stuff away, well donating it.

Oh wow, that must be a running fear you live with then. I’m glad to be in good company though, as far as hoarders and cleaning is concerned. I also am going in a more minimalist direction.

1. I do have that fear. I find myself buying things for reasons that I can’t justify, so now I really ask myself if I really need it.
        Books are really hard for me, but now that I am reviewing them I find that I don’t buy as many because I have tons on my e-reader, they don’t take up space and they are free!!!!
        Unless its Stephen King. I have to buy those in Hard Cover.

I believe it, easily. E-readers are awesome for eliminating overflowing bookshelves. I understand though, we’re big readers here and have a hard time letting go.
        I was a bit of a squirrel when I was younger, myself. Now I work really hard to keep the ‘what-ifs’ to a minimum. Post piles up here. It’s a constant battle.

3. adguru101 says:

There’s that old rule: for every new thing you buy, get rid of something else. It helps me keep my purchases in perspective. But hoarding is an illness that goes way beyond collecting or even accumulating. The people I know — or know of — are sadly enslaved by their habit.

It is sad, but that’s a good rule to live by!

The rat man? Don’t think I’ve seen that one. Was it a bad one?

1. A man who was living with his 2 pet rats, which turned into 250 uncaged rats, which turned into thousands of rats living in his house, in the walls, the roof, everything

OH MY GOD!! I’m speechless….

I believe it easily