Enjoying Dublin!

Hello everyone and greetings from Dublin! πŸ™‚

We are having a blast, and have a full day ahead of us! I wanted to check in and show you some of what we’ve been up to.

We found ourselves in an awesome AirBnb located near the canal and we realized that we are able to walk just everywhere…YAY! Β This is my first time using AirBnb and I have to say that so far, it’s awesome!

We visited The National Museum of Ireland – Archeology. We seriously got lost in there for hours! The place just keeps going. The exhibits right now are really cool. There’s the Vikings, Celtic Vikings, history of Ireland, Egypt – even Bog people! I took a video clip for you from the exhibit on gold hoardes found in the bog. It really is quite unbelievable and the craftsmanship is…WOW! To make it even cooler, there is NO ADMISSION COST to to visit the museum. A great, free way to get a good glimpse of Ireland’s history!

IMG_7583.JPG

IMG_7584

This was insanely cool. This is supposed to be the best condition Viking era sword they’ve ever found. If you look at the photo, you can still clearly see the makers mark! I couldn’t get over it. The nerd in me is fascinated. πŸ˜‰

IMG_7581IMG_7582

We walked all over downtown, and the Christmas decorations are up and are so gorgeous! The mood was set by some serious street music too.

Here’s a clip of some of the street music. There was street music everywhere and it really added to the evening’s ambience!

After all was said and done, we hit The Waterloo pub for Fish and Chips (14€) and a pint of Guinness (5,50€). The fish and chips were really good, but honestly, I was still hungry when I finished eating. It must’ve been all that walking! The Guinness hit the spot totally. πŸ™‚ Β Aaaahhh…What a great day!

1st nite meal

You know what the best part is? We only had to pay for our accommodation, food/drinks & souvenirs. Everything else we did was absolutely free! If you are traveling on a budget, I highly recommend you check out our day and plan to include these things in your trip. Its a great cultural experience and it doesn’t cost a cent!

Loving Dublin!

1. susansleggs says:

Wow! Free museums, that would never happen in the states. Glad you are enjoying.

Loving it! Yeah, we don’t so much get free museums here either. I’m really excited about it, to tell the truth.

2. I am so glad you enjoyed Dublin. Here in Donegal the fish and chips is 3 times that size and only 9.50. πŸ˜‰

Oh! OMG! Really?! Making a mental note of that now! Where exactly is Donegal? I really love fish and chips. I would eat it all the time if I just could.

1. Me too. Donegal is on the North west corner of Ireland. It is very unspoilt.

Ooohh! That’s where all those gorgeous photos come from! So close, but just out of reach! :/ I wish we could have stayed more than a few days!

3. Hopefully you will return.

Fingers crossed! We found flights on Norwegian that weren’t so much, so I’m thinking it’s highly possible we’ll return. If we don’t rent a auto, what’s the best way out? Train or bus?

I want those fish and chips! We fell in love with Beshof Brothers, but if its 3x’s out there – we have to go! πŸ˜€

6. You can get the bus easily from Dublin Airport. There are no trains. 🌼

Awesome! We are planning a return trip & we want to go there! πŸ˜€

8. I forgot to mention we have an airport. Just google Donegal Airport. 🌼

My apologies for taking forever to reply! Sorry! If there’s an airport straight in, that might work best. We WILL be checking all things Donegal out. How fun would this be?!???!!!!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

3. cherylanne57 says:

Most of our big museums are free in the UK

Are they? That’s really cool. Not in Scandinavia so much.

4. Jennie says:

Wonderful! Yes, the sword is really cool.

πŸ˜€ ! I thought so too! I can’t get over it, actually.

1. Jennie says:

Same here. The age combined with the quality is mind boggling.