Ways to Support Your Favourite Bloggers Without Spending a Cent. Please Share! #bloggers

Greetings all ๐Ÿ™‚

Today I would like to discuss a topic that I know has occurred to many of us, at one point or another. It’s actually something I’ve been wondering about myself for quite awhile. You see, I’ve come to realize that, although I don’t have the disposable income to purchase through affiliate links, spend 18 hours a day liking everything, or subscribe to youtube channels I don’t love – I would like to support those bloggers who I have come to know and respect here in the blogosphere. How does one do that without having any money? Easy. There are actually many different ways and all of them only require 1….maybe 2 mouse clicks and all in less than a minutes time. You CAN support your favorite bloggers without hardly any effort and absolutely no money. So what’s stopping you?

Here are a few ideas:

• Blog: Blogs are pretty easy. Like, comment or subscribe. Personally, comments make my day! ๐Ÿ˜€
    • Affiliate links: I know that most people (yours truly included) despise sales posts. Just try to keep in mind that the blogger is really trying to ‘make it work’ for them. Drop a click on an affiliate link every now and then. You don’t have to buy anything, but the companies will see that the blogger sent traffic & that is really what they’re looking for at the base of it.
    • Promotions & reviews: Basically the same as affiliate links. Comments on the product or post are also always welcome. This shows that a blogger has ‘user engagement’ and that just makes everyone look better. Ya know?
    • WordPress Ads: You know those double boxes of ads directly under some blog posts? Not everyone has them, but the people who do have worked hard to get them. And really nobody ever clicks on them. When you’re visiting your fave bloggers and they have WP ads, click on one every now and then. They’ll get a few cents surprise & you’ll have done your good deed for the day!
  • Instagram: We’ve all been there. Following people who really don’t care about interacting sucks. But if some of these connections are blogger friends, then why not? You get to see a different portion of their lives than just the blog & sometimes you make even closer connections! Drop a like every know and then and you’ll be glad you did it ๐Ÿ™‚
  • Twitter: Hello RT nation! Like, RT or follow. ย There are a couple people who RT me from time to time & there’s no way I can express how much I appreciate it within the word limit. Twitter away! Not everything on Twitter is Trump related.
  • Facebook: Following a friends page is always a wonderful thing. But if you don’t really want your feed jammed up with their posts, visiting and liking some posts without following the page is just as helpful.
  • Youtube: View, like or subscribe. Youtube is run solely on traffic stats and now they have a new rule that channel videos can only be monetized if there are 10,000 views. So yes, every view counts! This means if the youtube video is also embedded in a blog post, why not hit the play button while you read the post?

I must admit, I have a difficult time understanding why more people don’t do these things. Granted, there is an underlying competition or whatever you want to call it. But I can personally say that I would rather work together than wait for another to fail. I do try on a regular basis to click on blog ads or affiliate links & just surprise my favourite bloggers with a few cents worth of ‘You’re appreciated’!

I’m sure I’ve missed a few things. How do you support your favourite bloggers?

Sharing is caring, so please feel free to share this post! ๐Ÿ˜€

*Photo source:ย Created by Katemangostar – Freepik.com

1. Leo says:

One day I hope to make money doing this, I havenโ€™t made the plunge yet. I hope you are successful as well. ๐Ÿ™‚ followed!

Thank you for your comment! I’m subscribed as well. Your most recent post had me laughing, Rick. I’m a fan of your humor!

2. janetsm says:

Thanks for sharing these reminders of things we can do to support one another. A click or a comment costs nothing but lets the blogger know that someone is actually reading our posts.

3. This is great advice, definitely some good tips! Happy holidays and well wishes!

Thank you so much! Happy Holidays to you as well! ๐Ÿ˜€

4. yvetteputter says:

These are all great point. It is a frustrating world sometimes, I feel like those outside of blogging don’t realize what it means to ‘support’ someone who is blogging – it’s just not seen or known as a career the way all the ‘sales’ friends are. And then other bloggers can be very unresponsive too. I loved this post though, and will be pinning it for those following my boards! All the best – you have a lovely site!

Wow! Thank you so much for your kind words and understanding! It’s true, blogger support is kind of a hidden issue & everyone just acts like it magically happens. The shares are very much appreciated!

5. chape says:

Reblogged this on Chape Fitness and commented:
    My good friend Mliae has some tips for you, dear bloggers!
    In my opinion, do you want support from other bloggers? Lead by example! You canยดt expect too much if you only write and sit down and wait for other to share your content.

Exactly! Thanks so much for sharing ๐Ÿ˜€

Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜€

6. Rissa Burns says:

Excellent article! Thank you for your info.

Well, thats awesome to hear! Thank you for your comment! ๐Ÿ˜€

7. ckinlaw87 says:

The concept of this is something that makes me confused when people wont take time out in doing this. If we know that something like liking a post or sharing is free. 99 what’s the thing that hold us back? When you do good for people to shine it naturally makes you shine. It’s like smiling in the mirror, the mirror has to smile back at you. The same rule for everything else. This was an awesome post Mliae! Thank you for sharing!

Exactly! And Thank you so much for your super cool comment!

8. Great post! I do have a question though. How do we benefit from the WordPress ads on our blogs? I thought WordPress just put them on our sites if we don’t have an expensive enough subscription to remove them โ€“ I certainly didn’t ask for the ads on my site. However, in this post you indicated that we get a few cents when people click on the WordPress ads. Is there a difference between the WP ads that we benefit from, and the ads that WP puts on our blogs automatically?

Hi there and thanks so much for your comment! I actually didn’t realize that WP was placing ads on certain subscriptions. I checked out your pages to see if there was a visible difference, but I can’t actually see any ads at the moment on there. There may or may not be a visible difference. Use my pages where my post reads for an example. There is a double window ad(s) below my post, but above my like/sharing buttons. This is WordAds. Like Google Ads, but Google ads are only allowed on Vip or Business sites. You have to apply for WordAds on WP, and I think the main deciding factor is traffic. Since you have 2000+ subscribers, I wouldn’t think you would have a problem. I don’t know about whether they use paid domains as a basis for decision. I hope this helps?

1. Wow, thanks for such a detailed answer, and for actually checking my pages to see if you could spot any ads. That’s dedication.

I’ve definitely seen ads on my site before. I sometimes access my blog through library computers, to see what it looks like on different types of screens and browsers. I’ve definitely seen WP ads that look very similar to the double-box ads on your site, but not always. I’ve also had friends jokingly complain about the ads on my blog.

When I view my blog posts when I’m logged into WP, there’s also a notification in between the end of the post and the likes section that reads, “Occasionally, some of your visitors may see an advertisement here
        You can hide these ads completely by upgrading to one of our paid plans.” This is what gave me to impression that WP places ads on free subscriptions, and that you have to upgrade to a paid subscription to remove them. It might be an old notification though.

Do you get paid for having WordAds on your site?

Thanks again for spending so much time and effort on my question!

Hmmmm… This might need some further investigation. Me? Yes. I have a paid site, have applied and been approved for WordAds and have put them here on the site myself. It literally is only a few cents per click. But you know how it goes: Any commission is good. Now, I started this process 2 years ago & I get the impression much has changed since then. However, you have peaked my curiosity so now I kind of HAVE to find out more ๐Ÿ˜‰
        You are very welcome, and of course. I would hate to answer a question without having all the information!
        Have a wonderful holiday!

9. 365daysofnew says:

I’ve now re read this twice because you have great tips! I love supporting as many people as I can with blogging. It’s fun to see other’s success and be a part in supporting their growth. Awesome job putting this one together. โค๏ธ

That Awesome to hear! Thank you so much! ๐Ÿ˜€ Thank you โค

10. Shana says:

Nice post. Great vibe. good work!

Thank you so very much! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for sharing! ๐Ÿ˜€

11. Ena says:

Reblogged this on Pretty, Plus and Proud and commented:
    Great advice and ideas! โค๏ธ

Thank you, and thanks so much for sharing! ๐Ÿ˜€

12. Derek Reeves says:

I know I am late to this party, and i feel ashamed for not finding it earlier! I was just setting here, 4am, wondering what a simple gesture would be for bloggers in general. I believe I just found what I was looking for! Thank you for this! Simple, to the point… I like it a lot.
    Reblog is imminent!
    -SuperiorOnlineSolutions

That’s great! I’m so glad you found this post helpful! That is truly, the best compliment one could ask for ๐Ÿ˜€

1. Derek Reeves says:

I love simplicity with content in mind! I am learning to tone down the amount of words I need to get definitive information into perspective.

This was just perfect representation of that! Since reading I have done some of these already!

Good deeds are great mood boosters

Super! Isn’t it surprising how good we feel when we do some of the simplest things? Thanks so much for your awesome comment!

Heeeyyyy, THANK YOU! ๐Ÿ˜€