Greetings all 🙂
Today I would like to discuss a topic that I know has occurred to many of us, at one point or another. It’s actually something I’ve been wondering about myself for quite awhile. You see, I’ve come to realize that, although I don’t have the disposable income to purchase through affiliate links, spend 18 hours a day liking everything, or subscribe to youtube channels I don’t love – I would like to support those bloggers who I have come to know and respect here in the blogosphere. How does one do that without having any money? Easy. There are actually many different ways and all of them only require 1….maybe 2 mouse clicks and all in less than a minutes time. You CAN support your favorite bloggers without hardly any effort and absolutely no money. So what’s stopping you?
Here are a few ideas:
- Blog: Blogs are pretty easy. Like, comment or subscribe. Personally, comments make my day! 😀
- Affiliate links: I know that most people (yours truly included) despise sales posts. Just try to keep in mind that the blogger is really trying to ‘make it work’ for them. Drop a click on an affiliate link every now and then. You don’t have to buy anything, but the companies will see that the blogger sent traffic & that is really what they’re looking for at the base of it.
- Promotions & reviews: Basically the same as affiliate links. Comments on the product or post are also always welcome. This shows that a blogger has ‘user engagement’ and that just makes everyone look better. Ya know?
- WordPress Ads: You know those double boxes of ads directly under some blog posts? Not everyone has them, but the people who do have worked hard to get them. And really nobody ever clicks on them. When you’re visiting your fave bloggers and they have WP ads, click on one every now and then. They’ll get a few cents surprise & you’ll have done your good deed for the day!
- Instagram: We’ve all been there. Following people who really don’t care about interacting sucks. But if some of these connections are blogger friends, then why not? You get to see a different portion of their lives than just the blog & sometimes you make even closer connections! Drop a like every know and then and you’ll be glad you did it 🙂
- Twitter: Hello RT nation! Like, RT or follow. There are a couple people who RT me from time to time & there’s no way I can express how much I appreciate it within the word limit. Twitter away! Not everything on Twitter is Trump related.
- Facebook: Following a friends page is always a wonderful thing. But if you don’t really want your feed jammed up with their posts, visiting and liking some posts without following the page is just as helpful.
- Youtube: View, like or subscribe. Youtube is run solely on traffic stats and now they have a new rule that channel videos can only be monetized if there are 10,000 views. So yes, every view counts! This means if the youtube video is also embedded in a blog post, why not hit the play button while you read the post?
I must admit, I have a difficult time understanding why more people don’t do these things. Granted, there is an underlying competition or whatever you want to call it. But I can personally say that I would rather work together than wait for another to fail. I do try on a regular basis to click on blog ads or affiliate links & just surprise my favourite bloggers with a few cents worth of ‘You’re appreciated’!
I’m sure I’ve missed a few things. How do you support your favourite bloggers?
Sharing is caring, so please feel free to share this post! 😀
*Photo source: Created by Katemangostar – Freepik.com