Flabby- Assed to Fabulous with Chape! Week 2 Update

on

Hi there πŸ™‚

Most of you know by now that I’ve been working with my old buddy old pal David from Chape Fitness, to shed this extra winter blubber that’s been keeping me warm this year. Β Things have been going great! With the daily workouts, the nutrition help & knowing that my trainer is keeping a veeerrrryyyy close eye on me – I really have no choice but to succeed. That being said, its on to the summary of my week.

I hit under 70 kgs! This was my first goal, and the most difficult thus far. But I reached it and I’m SO HAPPY! YYYAAAYYY!!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

This week, was the week of weight fluctuations. That’s right, you guessed it! I am losing my mind. Not a little bit either. Full on panicky emails at 6 in the morning asking David what I did wrong. To which he replies: ‘I told you about the weight fluctuations. Check it again tomorrow. You won’t believe it, its weird.’ I didn’t believe him. But you know what? He was absolutely correct. And it is WEIRD! I’m not kidding. I hit under 70 at 69,9 kg, then the next day I weighed in at 70,6. The day after that? 69.5 kg! Thats a 1,1 kg or 2,5 lb weight loss in one day!

That made me very happy, but I’m still so worried that I’ll wake up and all the weight will be back. This fear is my nightmare. It’s like I feel so out of control of my own weight that I’m afraid it will all just pile on me while I’m sleeping like hair gel on a girls night. So odd. I know that if I am just able to maintain good momentum, I will get to a point where I know that I will have had to do something really spectacular & totally irresponsible to fear instantaneous weight gain. Honestly? I cannot wait until that day comes!

This week, I ate well…for the most part. For the rest of it, my diet was shit. Apparently, I have loads of self-control when I’m at home & surrounded by people who respect what I’m going through. I could not be more grateful for this! However, when I am out or with other people – well, I succumb to temptation. This weeks temptation was a coffee party. Basically, a group getting together for ‘coffee’ which also involves copious amounts of home baked goods, pastries, cakes, cookies. *Drool, drool, drool….. I think you know me well enough by now to know that I would never be so rude as to turn down a fresh baked good being served to me by the chef! Of course not! Never! Instead, I scarfed them down like the little piglet I am and went back for more. I mean, David did say ‘Lay off the industrial baked goods!’ – these weren’t industrial, they were homemade! Β πŸ˜‰

Exercise. The workouts are going well. This week, I was thrilled when my hubby shared his observation that my hips seem to be getting a teensy bit smaller! Happy Happy, Joy Joy! πŸ˜€ Mondays are leg day, which means I’m sore for at least 2 days after that. This week, I thought I would have a leg up (haha, pun intended) since my body went through its healing process last week. But Nooooo, somebody increased my reps. So, I’m still here, being an amateur. But I’m loving it. Really. If my guy is noticing a difference, then something wonderful is happening!

This is my least favourite, yet highly effective exercise of the week: The forward lunges with hand weights. It’s basically impossible for me to get all the way down & back up without doing that geriatric grunt. You know the one, ‘uuuuhhhh oooohhhh – ow’. Β Here’s the video for my weeks’ most hated.

My goal for this upcoming week is to settle into the weight loss. I really REALLY want to see something under 69 kg. But speaking the truth, if I can just stop yo-yo’ing and land on a smaller number, it would be great. I’m also hoping to get my body somewhat used to the exercises so I can not only push myself a bit further, but also enjoy a brief moment of ‘Oh yeah, I got this!’. David said he’s also working on finding me healthy alternatives for my baked goods habit. Good thing he also serves as a therapist, because there will be tears.

How’s your New Years Bod coming along?

Also, I wanted to share with you that David is having a Fitness Meet & Greet with a link share, so if you feel like doing a bit of networking or dropping your link, you can find the post by clicking here.

Reblogged this on The Blogging Meetup and commented:

There is a networking party link at the end of this post.

Thanks! πŸ™‚

2. chape says:

Thanks for another awesome and honest update!
    YouΒ΄re learning one or two things about weight fluctuations, right? πŸ˜€
    Calm down because your body fat percentage is going down, and the scale just shows one of several numbers we have to consider.
    You did it great this week πŸ˜‰

Thank you! After talking to you, again, I’m calm. Those weight fluctuations really are the wildest thing. I’m just glad its fluctuating to the lower end!
      Looking forward to seeing how this goes after a few salt-free days πŸ˜‰

1. chape says:

Salty foods produce water retention. You will see how you lose all that water in no time πŸ˜‰

3. Tonia Giles says:

Awesome job keep up the great work

Thank you so much! πŸ˜€

4. Well done. You are doing great. I must admit home baking is hard to resist. I am making apple pie today for a special auntie’s birthday tomorrow. I know I will enjoy a slice. πŸ˜‰

Thank you! Oh, it is impossible to resist, and now I’m drooling thinking about that apple pie. I bet it was delicious!

5. Looking foreard to trying it at lunch time. 😊

Let us know how it was! I can live vicariously through you πŸ˜‰

1. It was very tasty. Much enjoyed by all. πŸ˜‰

I believe it easily!

6. laholmberg says:

Good for you! Sending some power vibes to help fuel you on your journey. While I realize the focus of most who read this will be your weight loss challenge, you have much more going on with the loss of your uterus and the subsequent life changes this invokes- not gradually as typical perimenopause allows (which is no picnic either!) but instead thrusting you into a whole new ball game overnight. And you are facing these challenges with a fresh resolve and high spirited energy that is to be admired. While you bring about the positive changes to your outer shell, remember not to neglect and nurture the inner you and give yourself a hug and pat on the back. Take your time and love yourself from the inside-out. Doing so will move that scale number where you want it.

OMG YEEESSSS!!! πŸ˜€ Thank you so very much for your support & understanding in this matter! You are correct, it is a huge change – in a very short time. Feels a bit like my world was turned upside down. I NEEDED to hear what you’ve said. Thank you x’s 1000!

1. laholmberg says:

You are very welcome! I’m happy to have been sent that message to pass along to you. Know that you are never alone on your path- even in the tough moments that seem that way. You are watched over. Carry that with you. πŸ™‚

I absolutely will carry that with me! I just hope that you feel free to share any further messages you feel the urge to πŸ™‚ I’m loving it!

3. laholmberg says: