Flabby-Assed to Fabulous with Chape! 1M 3W Update

Hi there 🙂

I’m giving an update today re my last 2 weeks progress (and a MAJOR ooopsie) on my Personal Training endeavor with Chape Fitness.

Today, I am SO HAPPY to report that I am under 69 Kgs! Just under, at 68,9…but when I tell you what I’ve done to myself, you won’t believe that I popped back into shape and hit the goal I last set for myself too!

So Here’s what happened: The weekend after my last update, I went out of town for a friend of mine’s baby shower. It was a bit of a trip, so I spent the entire weekend there with friends. I knew it was going to be all restaurant food for the weekend, and most definitely baked goods and sweets for the party. I talked to David and we were both – kind of – prepared for what would go down. (OK, he already knew, I didn’t think it would be so bad.) Well, I sabotaged myself completely! There was some healthy food (as the pinterest-worthy fruit carriage in the photo shows) and I did eat it. But I also ate loads of everything else. Apparently, that’s a big part of being a well-hosted guest…to eat, and love, everything which is offered to you. Which I must admit I did very well and with a sense of flair! 😉 I knew it was going to be bad when I got home, so I didn’t dare approach the scale for a good few days after. And then it happened…. I stepped on. And *GASP! 71 KGS!!! My nightmare came true! Every week I have been writing that I couldn’t wait until I managed to get to a ‘safe’ weight. That I was so scared I would wake up and be at my starting weight again…and then IT HAPPENED! And I DID IT TO MYSELF! There were 2 thoughts running through my head: 1) I’m going to cry 2) I’ve been working so hard, I wonder how bad it was when I got home?! I wrote to David and confessed all. And then I whined. I whined a lot. David pieced me back together as well as he just could, all the while kindly reminding me that it was self-inflicted and I should think about things a little better next time. Ugh. Nothing like truly disappointing yourself, and your friend at the same time. :/

So, I got back in the groove. David switched things up this month by giving me circuit training sets – different every day. I worked hard, drank more water, tried to avoid even the slightest of ‘I need comfort food, gimme that chocolate’ moments. And you know what? Less than a week later and I hit 69,3! I was so happy, I wanted to jump! And just a couple days after that, 68,9! I not only hit my goal, but I lost the whole thing all over again and in just 2 weeks!

This gives me so much hope! I knew, and David reminds me regularly, that changes don’t happen overnight. I have to work for it, and work for it I will. But it’s WORKING! With the hormones, its been more than 6 months since I was this weight and I can’t wait to see where this goes next!

Though my ultimate goal is a weight I haven’t seen in more than 3 years, my next goal (the one I’m working towards now) is to get under 66 Kgs. / 145,5 Lbs. I know that this will take some time. I haven’t seen this weight in almost 1 year. The weight has been packing on slow and steady. If I can lose it in a fraction of the time I gained it, I feel I’m doing great!

Wish me luck!

1. You know what they Say “never give up ” your doing great !!

You are so right! I will not give up 😀 Thank you, Brooke, for your words of encouragement 🙂

2. chape says:

I would like to have been able to avoid you going on that trip but I think you learned the lesson and another reminder of how body weight fluctuates depending on what you eat. I just want to tell you that between 69 and 66 are 68 and 67 😀 Take it easy and forget the scale until next Saturday 😉
    Big hugs!!

Lesson learned, without a doubt! Don’t weigh for the whole week?? IIIKKKK!!! Oooohhh…that’s not going to be easy. OK. Yessir 😀 68 & 67 – Here I come!
      Hugs 🙂 🙂

1. chape says:

Haha! The scale does not help to lose weight 😆

Are you sure?? 😉

3. adguru101 says:

Congrats! One tip: Often when we think we’re hungry, we’re actually thirsty – especially when we first wake up. Staying hydrated really helps: I add a small amount of orange juice to a large bottle of water, which makes it much more palatable. Keep up the great work!

Oooohhh…that’s a great idea! Thanks, I’ll try that 😀

4. Glenda Kilminste says:

Milae, once again you have twigged me on to something really wonderful! I was the lucky recipient of three months of Chape Fitness! It’s only been a little over 2 weeks and I can tell you and your readers that if you work with Chape Fitness specifically with David ; you get such personal attention! It is incredible! I have already seen changes..but I’m going to write back after it’s been a month and see how far I’ve come!!
    I have found it hard to believe that he really does gear things up for each individual and if your circumstances change; he adjust your work outs with you!!
    Plus you can’t believe all the healthy recipes! I don’t consider myself a great cook much less a chef but I have had so many compliments on the meals…and my shrinking self;-)
    THANK YOU MILAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heeeyyyy, CONGRATULATIONS on your win! That’s awesome 😀
      David is very good at what he does! I hope you get as much out of this as I am! Please, keep us updated as to how things are going! Would love to include them in the blog…if that’s ok?

Whhyyy…Thank you! 😀 😀