Overwhelmed in Bloggerdom

So, what happens when I’ve worked my ass off to get a ton of great content to write about? Well – this, of course. For the first time ever, I’ve found myself so overwhelmed that I can barely complete a thought.

I. Can’t. Believe. It.

I LOVE blogging and all the many hours of research that goes into it gives me some sort of super nerdy pleasure. So the fact that I feel like throwing a few things into a bag and running wherever the sunset takes me for a few days, instead of doing what I love to do on the daily (Blog, gardening, social media, learning, and ‘lunching’) baffles me.

I don’t have writers block. Quite the contrary, actually. But for some reason, the perfectionist in me has not currently been allowing me to sit down and write the way I want things written. So, instead, I have been focusing on some of my favourite light-hearted series’ and then multi-tasking. Multi-tasking meaning that I can’t focus on 1 thing, but am instead in the middle of 100 things and completing none of them. This is new.

What do you think? Is this being overwhelmed, or do I just have a major case of wanderlust with a side of ‘attention span of a fruitfly’?

No worries, I’m not flaking out on you guys. I just wanted to let you know what was going on in my world since I usually post every other day.

Happy Summer!

1. Great self analysis! All of the above apply. The better you get, the harder it gets. But only because we make it do. My prescription: Let it flow.,,. ๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿ’™

Heeyyyy…THANKS FOR THAT! That’s actually really good to hear, especially from you – since you know what you’re talking about. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Let it flow, I will. Thanks, Doc! ๐Ÿ˜€

1. If only you could see the smile on my face! Love knowing it helps. Doc xo

So great to hear that you’re smiling ๐Ÿ˜€

2. You are doing really great! Not having writer’s block is amazing, I get overwhelmed as well but instead of being pressured, I use it to encourage me more in posting or writing something. You’ve been honest with yourself and that is really amazing.
    Hey, donโ€™t hesitate to visit my blog page, I would really like to connect with you.

Thank you for your kind and helpful comment! ๐Ÿ™‚

1. You’re welcome. Thank you fro the reply. ๐Ÿ™‚

3. I like the way you described how you’re doing lately “wanderlust with a side of โ€˜attention span of a fruitflyโ€™”. Too funny.

Haha…but soooo true! ;P

4. sportsdiva64 says:

Facts! You are experiencing a small bit of writers block or as I like to call it “bloggers blues”, and that’s okay. No one ever said that you had to write the great American , Canadian, or British blog post in the world every day. That just doesn’t happen. Take some time out to do the little things whether it be gardening , walking, or doing nothing at all . These can always be used as a blog post whenever you’re ready to blog again.

All valid points. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

5. irinesplace says:

Online information researches and perfectionism can be overwhelming. You can always write drafts that ignore your perfectionist and afterwards, after a while, look at it and find the good in it, mix it with some other content and move closer for a good post. Perfectionism is known to cause problems with creativity.

…and it does cause problems with creativity at times. Thank you for sharing some ideas! ๐Ÿ™‚