Reader Write-In!

on

I am so excited. I mean, really. You know when you have those moments where you wonder if anyone actually reads your blog…or cares? Well, maybe you don’t. But I definitely do.  Anyway, I was having one of those moments when I checked my email and Da-dah-da! – email from one of my readers whom I just adore.

This lady has been very active and has participated in many elements/competitions/giveaways. It feels fantastic when people participate!

Imagine my joy when I realized that she heard me when I was talking about ‘minimalism’ – basically cleaning it up, making things easier, and organizing like a crazed person. She took my suggestions to heart and actually put them into practice!

She told me that I could publish this letter that she sent to me. And it is a pleasure to do so!

DEAR MLIAE,

I was highly impacted from the beginning of your articles on minimalism. I just couldn’t get around to following through with the motions of working on my own closet! I actually have 2 closets that are equally cram packed and when I took this picture there was a full load of my clothes in the washing machine!

Can you imagine the trouble I had getting an outfit together in this mess!

g closet b4

I was so impressed by your putting your outfits in an easy to grab fashion!
Also I had things hanging there that I had NOT worn in years but just couldn’t let go of them.

There were things I had been looking for all summer that I found when I cleaned this out. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Below I took a picture of all the empty hangers that were left over once I trudged through the ridiculous amount of clothes I never use!

It was amazing!

This past weekend I packed for a full trip in minutes because everything was in outfits and nothing was lost under the piles of clothes I had I am embarrassed to say just thrown up in my closet

g hangars

Can you see how much I took out?

This was before I had put it in order.

Every time I look in my closet which is obviously at least once daily; I am thankful for you!

g after

I have my things orderly, in outfits , where I can easily :

Pack for a weekend,

Grab an outfit for whatever weather happens to be coming along, and feel good about what I have picked out.

Pocket books are some accessories are in the boxes; scarves are tucked into the tops.

THANK YOU MLIAE!!

I am so happy about this letter, I have been smiling for days! I have to thank her (THANK YOU!) for letting me know about all of this, and thank her for reading, participating and just being a super cool person!

Happy! Happy!

1. srbottch says:

Mliae, that’s a great letter. Such a good feeling when someone takes your advice to heart. And it’s always a good feeling when someone acknowledges your posts. Keep up the good work. 👍

Thank you 🙂 It really is a great feeling when someone acknowledges your work! Great comment 😀

1. srbottch says:

Thanks, Mliae. By the way, how do you pronounce your name ?

Most say ‘Milae’ which is easier and I completely understand. It’s actually like M’ liae so phonetically: M(mi) – le – a(ah) 🙂

3. srbottch says:

Long i and e, as in ‘eye’ and ‘eee’, (Meye lee ah), or, short vowels as in mih-lay-ah? Isn’t this fun? I could say “My lady, Mileah”, or, “Mih Lady. Mihlayah”. Either way, it’s a beautiful name.

This is fun! Uuhm, short. As in M(i) lea(h). Thank you for the very kind compliment! 😀
        This made me think, how strange language can be. The phonetics here are quite different from the phonetics there. Ie; ‘I’ here sounds like ‘E’ there & ‘A’ here sounds like ‘AH’ there. Weird..no? We have this name here and I would love to see how you would say it there: Jyrki. Is it weird? Haha… ‘J’ is pronounced like your ‘Y’ 😉

5. srbottch says:

Must be ‘yerki’ (yer’ kee), rhymes with turkey. Am I right?

YEEESSS! You got it! Can’t believe it… You should be very proud of your ability. I haven’t met a non-Finn yet who can pronounce that name properly.

7. srbottch says:

😉😂🇫🇮

2. adguru101 says:

I agree, it is absolutely lovely when people comment, as I often feel I am writing in the dark for my own amusement! Congrats on inspiring a closet clean-out; I need to do this too. Xx, Alisa

Exactly what I meant, yeah! Thank you 🙂

3. Readers engaging with your content really is the best feeling!

Isn’t it?! 😀

4. Marge says:

my neighbor turns every clean outfit backwards and if it has not been turned around by the end of the season she gives it away! Such a great way to know what you really wear and use and what can be passed on to someone else.

Great idea! Thank you so much for sharing this with us 🙂