Keto – 0 / Holiday Food – 1

I am an idiot. I decided that I would start a Ketogenic diet with intermittent fasting, 1 week before the holidays. I did great. I lost 2+ Kg in that week! And then, I ate. For 3 days I ate like a normal person. It was wonderful. Guess what happened? In 3 days, I gained back 3 kgs! GGGGGRRRRRR!!!

Quite necessary to say that I hit the diet again today.

My question today is: What good is a diet if you gain it all back over a bad few days? Or is there a point when you get kind of ‘safe’?

Back in the ‘fat pants’…

1. I think there’s many diet methods to lose weight but the trick is to keep it. I hope you will be successful!

Thank you, Gunnar 🙂 Keeping at it is the hard part. What was I thinking that could do that right at Christmas time?

2. I’m in the same gravy boat. 😀 Really, at a certain point in life, I’ve learned one can’t ever go back to the reckless eating thing. Moderation is the best way to maintain.

-Not that one can’t have any dessert, ever. S/he just can’t eat the whole brownie pan.

Exactly! Honestly, its awful. But comforting to be in good company.
      …and that’s a shame because I can kill a bowl of brownie mix 😉

1. Me, too. Food tastes good! 😦

Oh… it does. It really really does!

3. I don’t feel all these diets are good enough for our health. And in past I have heard that keto diet is really of no use as you gain back when you stop this diet. Best way is walking and exercise.

I’ve heard similar. Problem is, exercise and vegetarianism just isn’t cutting it anymore. After the surgery, my hormones went bonkers and I think I’ve found myself in a state of constant gain 😦

4. u2hearts says:

Hate to tell you this but I was on Keto for a few months and plateaued the last month. Went back to vegan this week and gained back ALL the weight in less than a week eating fruits and vegetables

Are you SERIOUS?! See, thats what I’m afraid of. I eat tons of fruit & veg as a mainstay.

1. u2hearts says:

I lost 10lbs quickly on Keto then nothing. I missed my fruits and I didn’t like the low carb veggies. It’s all back. Very frustrating

Sooooo frustrating!
        I had a party for my guy tonight and I am sure that the few beers I had will set me back weeks! Wtf and why are we here?!?

3. u2hearts says:

I didn’t love Keto. Not something I could sustain long term. It was frustrating to gain it back so quickly

Yeah, it doesn’t seem like something one can maintain for a very long time. Not to mention, quite expensive too!

5. u2hearts says:

Any diet where you give up a food group you’ll loose weight. People love Keto. Many people live by it. It wasn’t bad just not for me. FYI haven’t gained any more weight in a few days and two pounds of the 10 actually came off So there’s hope.

Awesome! That’s always good to be able to say 🙂
        I’m back on the bus also. I’m so hungry right now… We’ll see what happens.

5. It’s hard to keep the weight off unless you plan on staying on Keto as part of your lifestyle otherwise once you start eating normally you gain it all back! It’s crap, but true!

Lifestyle. Thats the keyword, no? But I plan to do it. Because before I met my husband, I rarely ate any carbs (but then again, I ate with a fork directly from the can). So how does one live ‘real life’ with the new lifestyle? I mean, is it realistic?

1. Girl if anyone can, it’s you! I think everyone is different-some people are okay with little to no carbs and live great food fulfilled lives. Anything is possible!

‘Some people’ – I am not one of them. But I am trying! ❤

6. scrunchymomz says:

I did Keto for a while and I’m getting back on it New Years.

I hear you. Trying to get back on it myself I’m just so…hungry!

7. I did the same thing! Lost 6 and gained back 6 over the holiday. It was fast! I’m moving forward with finding balance. I think it’s fine to occasionally have a taste or two of what your not supposed to have. This allows u to have some of the goods while also forming a habit of eating healthy as much as possible.

It’s mind boggling…no? All that work just to gain it all back by eating ‘normally’ for a few days.

1. It is! Self control is no joke!

No it is not. And I am struggling with it eeeevvvveerrrryyyy day!

8. Jae Nadon says:

Keto is an interesting beast. I personally had good success with it over an extended period of time, but I do also realize that every person is different and just trying to find the thing that works for you is worth the kudos!

Thank you so much! I must admit, this diet thing is haaaarrrddd!