Skype… WTF?!

on

Skype. I’m not a big fan. However, this application does prove useful for certain blog and business related scenarios. Or, it did. But guess what yours truly did…

I opened my computer to research a few things and I realized that Skype was running. Not just running, but, still on a call, running! Apparently, when we were having the storm that kept cutting the electricity, and I was on a Skype conference at the time the electricity cut, the call somehow never fully disconnected and I had been LIVE BROADCASTING on a Skype call for more than 3 days! OMG! How this is possible, I do not understand. When the electric cut, everything went off. But there it was – Skype – still running from my last call! IIIIIKKK!

I think I am done with Skype.

To say ’embarrassing’ is just not adequate.

*Photo sourced via Pixabay

1. Amanda Cade says:

Oh, wow. Stories like that are why I’ve never tried Skype or anything like it…I’m just too paranoid.

Well, I can safely say now that you aren’t being paranoid if people are really listening to you! LOLz
      What a nightmare. Guess I never have to worry about dealing with those nice people again :/

2. How many times did you curse in those three days?

Ooohhh noooo… Uhm, many.

3. That’s awful. I used to Skype my family often in England, but they don’t have a laptop anymore, so haven’t done it. I did suggest by smartphone, but they are not keen.

That’s a difficult situation and I totally understand. Without a smartphone there really aren’t so many options…

I believe it, easily. Hugs

2. Thanks for your concern.

Well, I understand missing family.

4. Jim says:

yeh but was it entertaining for the receiving end???

Oh, I’m sure it was entertaining! Yikes…

5. midnightlion says:

hello, Mliae

I am midnightlion, producer of funky news, news for kids
    I am really inspired by you. and I would love it if you would maybe send some short, cool experiments on comments for kids to try at home.
    please get back to me asap
    many thanks

6. Oh no! That’s so crazy!! I’m going to be so paranoid about this from now on 😓

It was insane. I think we all should be paranoid about this, cause, I mean, damn….

7. That’s crazy! I never thought that this could be possible!!!!!

Agreed! I never thought it possible either.

8. Pauline Y says:

Oh no!!! At least I hope it was just an audio and not video call

It was a video conference. Good thing though is that I had the cover on so no-one was able to see all things all the time.