Window Shopping Day

What do you do when you’re feeling blah? Well, window shop, of course!

I am not feeling so pretty or sexy today. It’s cold out and I’m wearing so many layers that I look like a marshmallow. I am dreaming of clothes that make me feel….feminine. With heels of course! So I hit the net in search of all the things I would purchase for myself to uplift my mood. Because let’s face it, days are just much better when you feel…pretty πŸ™‚

Since I am currently unable to indulge in the January sales, the only way I am able to ‘purchase’ pretty things and show them off …. is here. This gives a whole new meaning to living vicariously through the internet.

So here is my virtual outfit for the day (please excuse the formatting, I am always learning…):
Tribal-Inspired Beaded Necklace

Thompson Tote - Darby Scott

Β

Thanks for reading!

*Post contains affiliate links. That only means that if you decide to browse or purchase items, I may make a small commission at no additional charge to you.

*Feature photo sourced via Pixabay

It’s a sleek little attention grabber, for sure! πŸ™‚ I found a lightening cut out heel in the same shop. Pretty, but I think I would have that detail fully destroyed by the 2nd wear.

1. srbottch says:

Wow, how to describe that virtual outfit? Only way, β€˜Oooh la la’!πŸ˜‰

Oooh! Well, thank you so much! πŸ˜€ It’s a simple look, but so am I πŸ˜‰

1. srbottch says:

Well, I was thinking of another word beginning with β€˜S’, but if you want β€˜simple’, the that’s okay. Just don’t sell yourself short πŸ˜‰

Smokin’? You are too kind, really πŸ™‚

2. scrunchymomz says:

Do you plan on ever getting the outfit? This is a good, practical way to shop, it could help cut down on impulse buying by planning and carefully thinking about pieces before buying them! Like virtual dress up!

That is actually a great question. I would like to at least purchase the sweater. I’ve never seen a cashmere sweater quite like it!
      I agree with what you are saying. I try to plan my purchases carefully, as I realized this year that I don’t like the way I feel in some of my clothes at the moment. I’m 7 months into a self-imposed shopping ban & it’s really forced me to think about the way I spend money.

1. scrunchymomz says:

It’s very cute!

I am a recovering shopoholic haha and I’ve been more and more shopping secondhand and with greater purpose. I’m trying minimalism lol it’s a work in progress.

Oh I believe that easily! It’s so difficult. Would you like to know a secret trick I use to keep myself on track with my purchases?

3. scrunchymomz says:

Definitely!! I could use all the help I can get haha πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Ok. Secret weapon (I haven’t shared this yet with anyone). I forced myself to make an excel file of every item I have (currently, for this season that fits) in my wardrobe. I put what I paid for it (or guessed) and if it was a gift I put 10. Then for every month, I put how many wears and deducted that from the price. 1 wear = 1 €/ $. Then for the next month, I totaled up the remainder. When I get my moneys worth in wears, I highlight it and move it to a category called ‘cleared’. It sounds awful, but you will be surprised how much you actually need to wear the items you have in order to get your moneys worth! I cannot believe it myself. Even 20€ shirts take months. It is a real eye-opener and will force you to consider how much you really will wear an item before you buy it.

5. scrunchymomz says:

That’s brilliant! 😱😱 I wish I had this in my early twenties reckless shopping days! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ It’s a blessing that I never had a credit card back then! πŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌ

You should definitely write a post on that! I feel like it could be a game changer for so many out there! πŸ’―

Wow, thank you very much! πŸ˜€ Haha, I understand that. Same here. 20’s were a nightmare of spending. Thankful also that I wasn’t able to obtain a CC.
        Honestly, getting this kind of great reaction from you – I think I will write that post! Thank you! πŸ˜€